1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Defensive Miracle..!!

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Rogah, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,635 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I just wanted to share some good news I had. I had Maryland -3' over Miami tonight and I was in what I consider to be the worst position when gambling: When my team is winning the game but not covering the spread. So it's MD 26, Miami 24 with less than a minute to go and on 4th down Miami had the ball, QB throws right sideline - INT return for a TD to COVER THE SPREAD!!! :D :D :D

I call those plays, which you maybe see once or twice a year - the "defensive miracle" :D :D

Whatta finish to the opening weekend. This helps make up for how I felt screwed for taking the Michigan Wolverines and not winning that bet due to inclement weather.
  2. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They had alot of close good games this weekend. I thought Miami got the death penalty for infractions...obviously not! I must have dreamed that...I despise the Hurricanes. Boo...
  3. rkstevens

rkstevens New Member

201 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How mad would you have been had the CB not scored the touchdown and just downed it like Westbrook did against the Cowboys a few years ago and Maryland had just run out the clock?

And then of course the kicker misses the extra point attempt which gave Miami a chance to tie the game.
  4. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,635 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Ya the announcers were saying he should have done precisely that.

Ah the joys of gambling! :D :D