1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Draft Order After Week 13

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,722 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    1-11
    1. Panthers

2-10
    2. Lions
    3. Bengals
    4. Bills

3-9
    5. Cardinals
    6. Broncos

4-8
    7. 49ers
    8. Cowboys

5-7
    9. Titans
    10. Redskins
    11. Texans
    12. Vikings
    13. Browns

6-6
    14. Rams
    15. Chargers
    16. Raiders
    17. Seahawks
    18. Colts
    19. Dolphins

7-5
    20. Jaguars
    21. Buccaneers

8-4
    22. Chiefs
    23. Giants
    24. Ravens
    25. Eagles
    26. Packers

9-3
    27. Saints
    28. Bears
    29. Jets
    30. Steelers

10-2
    31. Patriots
    32. Falcons
  2. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,786 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    If we keep on winning we might not pick until the teens.:eek:
  3. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,396 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    While unlikely, it is possible for us to draft anywhere from #1 overall, up to the last 8 win team (currently #26), unless the stars were to align, we make the playoffs and win the sb in which we would draft in slot #32. I'm not being a ********, just showing how huge a difference 4 weeks can make.
  4. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,396 Messages
    153 Likes Received

Thanks for the update on our current position. Realistically, if we continue to play well, I could see us catching the teams that are 6 and 6 now pretty easily, giving us a draft position in the mid teens. I personally think that since the playoffs are all but statistically out of reach, I think the team would be better served getting a draft pick in the top 8 teams rather than winning 4 more meaningless games and drafting as low as the early 20's.
  5. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,200 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    No one wants a top five pick. Every year the team's at the top of the draft try to trade down. It's too much money. Premo picks start at about the 8-9th spot down through the mid to late teens.
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,860 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Well, look at it his way. We are trading down a few spots and in the process picking up a coach the players believe in.

Wouldnt you trade the #8th pick overall for the #15th and a top coach?
  7. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,682 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    No frickin' way. Give me four more wins. I HATE losing. Running the table will do more for this team than being a few slots higher in the draft.
  8. Texan_Eph89

Texan_Eph89 Well-Known Member

1,054 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I hate losing too, but this team needs some Patrick Peterson.
  9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,805 Messages
    770 Likes Received
    I love that we're winning. It'll work out better this way for the draft as well, because we'll likely be picking in a spot that we can get a LT/RT at the right value. Which, as much as we want a flashy big name CB, is our TRUE need

Everybody wanting to lose to get a top flight player is backwards, IMO. Why would you want to get an elite player? To help your team win games. So why would you want to lose games to get that player? How does that make any sense? Winning is winning, I don't care about the playoffs. I watch my football team to see them win games, not so I can watch one player while we lose.
  10. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,880 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Absolutely the right answer. Our guys need to finish strong to build for next year. We'll get some help in the draft, but I'd rather see our existing players up their value.
  11. Cogan

Cogan Active Member

1,500 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I'm with you on the OL, but not certain on the CB. I'd rather have a great defensive lineman or LB who can rush the pass than a great corner. We've had the lead late the last two games, only to have our defense allow the opponent to drive the length of the field & either win or tie the game. That's inexcusable, even if it was Drew Brees & Peyton Manning. With the receivers Manning had, there's no way we should have let that happen.

We need OLs bad! JJ hasn't taken an OL in the first two rounds in the last 6 drafts! Dude has no clue what wins games...the trenches, dummy. Get some big uglies in here who are studs on both sides of the ball & we will start winning SBs again.
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,244 Messages
    2,669 Likes Received
    Still in the running for Peterson or Amukamara.
  13. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,049 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    This team needs a safety and an offensive tackle more than a CB. Tackles are a value more around picks 10-20 and safeties are usually 2nd round picks.

D-
  14. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    I like where we are. I prefer to go with the best pass rusher or offensive lineman available. Maybe take the best CB available in the 3rd round. Sure they may not be as good as Peterson or Prince but I think if we add a stud pass rusher like Quinn or Bowers, it will really help out our secondary