1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Falcons sign QB Chris Redman

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bob Sacamano, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    me and philo weep:(
  2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

9,833 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    Was Dave Ragone available?
  3. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,609 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

19,689 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Yes. Neither guy was listed on any teams official roster or depth chart that I could find. NFL.com had Ragone associated with the Rams and Redman with the Titans, but not on their rosters.
  5. philo beddoe

philo beddoe Benched

1,895 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Redman has a history with Petrino at Louisville. I'd rather have Redman than Brad Johnson!
  6. adamknite

adamknite Active Member

3,818 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I'd rather have Ragone than Redman :p:
  7. philo beddoe

philo beddoe Benched

1,895 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I might too, but Redman was a stud at one time. Perhaps he's now fully recovered from his back problems. I wish him luck.
  8. philo beddoe

philo beddoe Benched

1,895 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    By the way, apparently him signing with an NFL club wasn't so crazy afterall. I get it right once again.:eek:
  9. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    What is Danny Wuerful (sp?) doing these days?
  10. adamknite

adamknite Active Member

3,818 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    He didn't look all that great to me. He had a decent year where he played in 6 games and some ok looking numbers but never really never impressed me at all.
  11. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  12. joseephuss

19,689 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    That was in 2002. He didn't play well enough to prevent the Ravens from drafting Kyle Boller the next season.

It does make sense for Petrino to sign him. He can help the other QBs on the roster understand the schemes. Kind of like another coach. The Redskins did a similar thing last year when they picked up Todd Collins. They aren't expecting them to play, just share knowledge. I don't think any other team is interested in Redman.
  13. TheProphet

TheProphet Benched

728 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Got to hand to you Philo, you did get this one right as well. I too liked the idea of Redman.

Redman 29....Brad Johnson 39 - doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure who has more "updside".
  14. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,381 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    gee - who'd have thought you two would agree with each other and start off the good old boy circle jerk of YOU RULE!!!???
  15. joseephuss

19,689 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Signing a 2nd string QB in Dallas was not really about "upside". It was about "what if Romo gets hurt?". Doesn't take brain surgery to figure out who is better for that situation between those two guys.
  16. TheProphet

TheProphet Benched

728 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Excuse me? Just giving the guy kudos. He did a nice job in mentioning Redman in the past. What's your problem? Sounds to me that you jealous of never having anything worth applauding around here? :lmao:

We'll leave the YOU RULE games to you and your sister Zrinkill. :laugh2:

Make it a great weekend.
  17. TheProphet

TheProphet Benched

728 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Agreed. Personally, I would have taken Redman over the 39 year old tired arm Brad Johnson....but that topic has been beat to death.
    I think Falcons made a smart move with Redman.
  18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :worthy:

there's his applause, now wipe that white stuff off the corner of your mouth
  19. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,906 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    the guy was signed because he played for petrino and can help install the offensive system. Had nothing to do with his talent
  20. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,381 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    you're giving him what hookers usually give for what, $20? you got your head up his arse in "WORSHIP FIDO" gossip you simply can't be taken seriously. didn't you just have a thread closed AGAIN cause you can't quit the mutual admiration society BROTHER?

if that doesn't give you a clue about your overall waste of space grade, i suspect nothing will.

brother.