1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Galloway for Keyshawn trade?

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Banned_n_austin, Jun 18, 2005.

1. ctalker

ctalker Member

407 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Galloway myself and think he just suffered from some terrible QBing why he was here. In their prime I would take Galloway over Key in a heartbeat. Key is nothing special in my humble opinion. Having said that, the trade was a good one considering we needed a posession WR.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,781 Messages
    2,507 Likes Received
    One of their best songs was claled "Living in the Past."
  3. wxcpo

wxcpo Active Member

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hopefully I am reading you right. If so...... :hammer:
  4. Hostile

118,781 Messages
    2,507 Likes Received
    I believe you are. ;)
  5. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Well, we'd never look to the past ... or speculate about the future for that matter.
  6. wxcpo

wxcpo Active Member

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Saw this post after I wrote my first response. After reading this, yep I was reading you right.
  7. Hostile

118,781 Messages
    2,507 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

Good one.
  8. Hostile

118,781 Messages
    2,507 Likes Received
    Yeah, we posted almost exact same time. I could tell you got it.
  9. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received

:huh:

Keyshawn is currently on the roster ...
  10. Hostile

118,781 Messages
    2,507 Likes Received
    The trade is old news.
  11. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,638 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I wish we still had AB, but that is hindsight now. I'm still a little upset about that, cause I don't think Morgan is all that good at all.

As for Galloway, I liked him also. His speed did demand a double team alot of times, something that neither Key or Glenn demand. But his main problem was how fragile he was, he just had that look of getting injuried as he ran, lol. We needed a posession WR, and Key fills that role, so he was a good fit.

Now would I rather have Glenn or Galloway?? We never had that choice, but I still go with Galloway. Hopefully the guys we have now will suprise me though.
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    How will we ever recover from this personnel mistake?:cool:
  13. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    But so is your 30th birthday ... that doesn't keep you from talking about the old days. ;)

13,160 posts all talking about recent news.

Roger that.

:thumbup:
  14. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like the trade.

Galloways flat out speed scares the bejesus out of defenses to his defense. We lack a true speedburner. Glenn is great at getting separation but not quite a jet - jmo

I'd take Key, Glenn and Galloway as my #3.
  15. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received

Well, you can't have Galloway without giving up the farm for him ...

I hope Morgan contributes, but I think we are going to need another reciever pretty soon.
  16. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Galloway missed 15 games in 2000, 0 games in 2001 and 2002, one game in 2003 (and Terry Glenn was shut out as a result), and 6 games in 2004 for the Bucs. He had missed 1 game from injury prior to 2000 dating back to 1996.

Terry Glenn needed Galloway on the field, Galloway didn't need Terry Glenn. Why did AB and Galloway have so many drops when they haven't in any other year? Because they had never played with Quincy Carter for a whole year either. Carter threw passes behind receivers so much that if you got a hand on it (essentially an interception-defensed) it counted as a drop. I remember this happened against Tampa in 2003 when Galloway was wide open running across the field and again deep downfield. You can't do this when the WR is running full out, but leave it to QC...

I only wish Galloway had a QB even 3/4 as talented as Vinnie Testaverde during his time in Dallas. Only Jerry Jones would try and replace Troy Aikman with his fellow Libra, Quincy Carter.

As for attitude, Keyshawn Johnson was expendible because of his attitude! The Bucs had BENCHED him, as the great threat that it Joe Jurevicius had suprassed Key and Key couldn't handle that.

In the time Tampa had, Galloway, they used him more like he should be used: as a target, not a decoy. Galloway sparked the destruction of the Falcons but the Bucs had too many problems to recover fully once Galloway returned. He even had a TD returning a punt.

Dallas had more problems starting in the late 1990's than I can possibly detail in one post. Galloway wasn't one of them, but he makes a fantastic scapegoat for fans.
  17. Hostile

118,781 Messages
    2,507 Likes Received
    Pretty amazing huh?
  18. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    As for the trade, it was a good one for Dallas, because in Bill Parcells' offense the WR is a blocker most of the time and I admit Keyshawn is a better blocker than Joey Galloway.
  19. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,346 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    Well, the problem with the trade is that Keysahwn was going to be released anyway and Galloway was willing to restructure to remain in Dallas. Not such a great trade when you view it in this light and remmeber our WR woes last year.
  20. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Keyshawn moves the chains. Keyshawn blocks. Keyshawn is a leader. Keyshawn is a better player.

Galloway cost us 2 1st round picks.

That's about all that needs to be said.