1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Giants are not a better team than we are

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Romonater, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Romonater

Romonater Active Member

150 Messages
    45 Likes Received

I know this sounds bitter, but I truly believe that NY is in for a rough season this year. It took us 4 interceptions, 1 stupid fumble by Felix Jones, a rare turnover on special teams, bad play clock management from the headcoach, and a fingertip call for them to win this game. I know this sounds redundant, but I was rewatching the replay of this game. I was amazed just how stupid our team was in this game and yet we still should have won. If we can play smart, clean football we can win on opening night.
  2. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,575 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Problem is, each team and game is different. The Giants team that the Cowboys will face in Week 1 will be different than the one in the 29-24 game you describe above.

The Cowboys could be better or worse than they were back then. The Giants could be better or worse than they were back then.

We might see the Cowboys crush the Giants 45-10 in week one. ................. We could see the Giants crush the Cowboys 45-10 in week one. The two teams have changed too much since their last meeting.
    derekunion28 likes this.
  3. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,130 Messages
    751 Likes Received
    Agree. Next year the the Rams could be all world. This league changes fast.
  4. mmillman

mmillman Active Member

2,143 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Yes, they are. NY has won two recent Superbowls. We are struggling to make the playoffs.
    ilykdrama likes this.
  5. Romonater

Romonater Active Member

150 Messages
    45 Likes Received

If you look at it that way, sure. If you trust the eye test, I can tell you we match up well with them.
  6. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,419 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    The Giants finished below us in the division last year and didn't do a whole heck of a lot to get better.

We will get a much better idea of this after week 1.
  7. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,558 Messages
    3,411 Likes Received
    Right now, every team is 0-0, so you're right.
    rash likes this.
  8. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,573 Messages
    1,665 Likes Received
    Are you sure? I'm hearing rumors of secret games.
    rash likes this.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,558 Messages
    3,411 Likes Received
    In an industrial park in Connecticut? Don't believe the hype.
    rash likes this.
  10. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,741 Messages
    1,085 Likes Received
    This was actually one of those rare games where our defense kept us in the game the whole time despite the turnovers on offense. Our defense actually kept us in the Washington game too.... but the turnovers on offense where too much.
  11. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,453 Messages
    2,796 Likes Received
    We have met the enemy and they are ours.
  12. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,741 Messages
    1,085 Likes Received
    I was just watching the highlights... completely forgot the Felix fumble by running into his own man. I am SOOO happy they finally cut him. He was such a bonehead over rated player.
  13. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,453 Messages
    2,796 Likes Received
    They finished 9-7.
  14. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    It was the best of both worlds. They didn't have a real shot at the playoffs and we were fighting for the division. So while, yes, technically they finished better than us, they never had anything to gain and lost Draft position. They won a meaningless battle but not the war.
  15. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,575 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    I think in the NFC East, longtime superiority by teams over another are being shattered.

From 2009-2011, the Cowboys were 5-1 against the Redskins. Then the Redskins swept Dallas last year.

In recent years, the Eagles were 8-1 against the Giants - but then the Giants crushed the Eagles 42-7 last year and I think that supremacy has decisively come to an end.

The Giants have simply owned the Cowboys since 2007 - but it's time for that supremacy to be shattered, too.
  16. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,160 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Um lol...the team you're describing there certainly doesn't sound like the better team.
    Future likes this.
  17. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,205 Messages
    748 Likes Received
    Our defense did not keep us in the game against Washington, it was more the fact that the first two turnovers took place in spots on the field that wouldn't lead to Redskin points. The defense still played poorly, they just let up longer drives as opposed to the big plays they let up in the first Redskins game.
  18. op124

op124 Member

98 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What year was this? In 2013 giants split every series. Cowboys swept eagles, were swept by the skins and split with the giants.

Giants were 8-4 against the conference and Cowboys were 5-7.

Giants are 8-5 since 2007. It's not that much dominance, they do own Jerry's World (4-0). Giants are 1-2 against Cowboys in Metlife.
  19. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,160 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Whoa!! I missed the freakin' season?!?!
  20. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,406 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Whats sad is i payed to fly from Hawaii to Texas to see this game haha. Wish Dez would have been in bounds. Crazy game.