1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

the good news...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JoeyBoy718, Aug 23, 2013.

1. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,460 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    This next game is basically like a regular season game. Teams come hard each other with their starters for 2-3 quarters. The Bengals have one of the top 3 d-lines in the league. It'll be a true test and we'll get to see where our o-line truly stands. I'd rather get exposed in the dress rehearsal game than play a bad d-line and have problems go unnoticed. We get to see Frederick face an elite DT, Parnell start at RT, and Free try his hand at guard. Worst case scenario: we get blown up and Jerry does whatever it takes to get Waters or Moore.
  2. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,756 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Waters. If it was up to us, we WOULD have Moore
  3. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,123 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    Or... Costa starts at center, Fred moves to guard and Free stays at RT.
  4. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    Nope.
  5. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,048 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    Doug Free against Geno Atkins - I'm afraid to look.
  6. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,590 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    My money is on Free. (It might be a good thing that I don't really gamble.) Parnell concerns me.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,791 Messages
    1,593 Likes Received
    He'll have help
  8. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,092 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    I think free is going to do well. I've got a good feeling about it. I really liked what I saw at TC and it sounds like he understands the scheme now and has bought what ever BC had been selling. He looked pretty good. I think if anyone can make the move it would be free for sure.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  9. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    best part is we get to see how the Bengals prepare for us and what they have to say about us after on hard knocks
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  10. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,193 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Free's only hope is to try "influence blocking", which is kind of a reverse psychology technique for outmatched o-linemen...
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,906 Messages
    3,853 Likes Received
    We gave the OGs help on Atkins last year in the first half. Zimmer flipped him in the second and got him singled up on Livings in the second, and he ate his lunch pretty much. That dude's a football playing machine.

I'm not into the drama of worrying how our OGs fare against a player like that. You know they're going to get help, and they're going to need it, and it's still not going to help. Great players are great for a reason and they're going to get theirs. You can't get mad at an OG when Atkins eats his lunch. He eats a lot of lunch.

I'm actually really looking forward to watching the guy play, since the game doesn't count.
  12. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

804 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Worst case scenario is a significant injury to Romo because management has failed to address the one, two, or three glaring needs for the past 5 years the offensive line.
    sadams likes this.
  13. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,193 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    I can sign on to this, I wouldn't expect somebody forced into playing guard to do well against a player like that,,, what I would expect is for the Cowboys OL to find a way to pass protect and generate at least the threat of a running game. Every team has at least one DL that is a monster, we have Ware, the OL's job is to be successful in spite of the other teams star player !
  14. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,268 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    I just want to see if the OL plays as a unit and opens some lanes...and, of course, you want tony NOT on his back in this game...

I am also looking forward to see how the defense plays...I want to see how they play against a good offense (with the starters in on both sides)...unfortunately, I will have to watch the replay tomorrow as I don't think it will be on in my area until NFLN replays it
  15. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,136 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    This!
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,229 Messages
    2,799 Likes Received
    Don't see that happening.
  17. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,311 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    Not really, because we will not be scheming specifically for the Bengals. It is a "dress rehearsal" in the sense that the starters play longer, and you gameplan for scenarios such as down and distance.
  18. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,204 Messages
    605 Likes Received
    I'm sure they will have 10-15 plays scripted for the bengals defense, so for a couple series you should have a good gage.
  19. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,739 Messages
    1,172 Likes Received
    Why? I mean, he's as hated around the NFL and from Cowboy fans, so if he gets injured, they get what they want, right?

Romo needs to play as much as possible even if he gets knocked around. The Cowboy fans that hate Romo need a wake up call if he does get injured for the rest of the season!
  20. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,739 Messages
    1,172 Likes Received
    What...you can't afford $14.99 to watch the game live?
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013