1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Hoodie's Refusal To Talk To Reporters...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Verdict, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,322 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I am curious why "The Hoodie's" refusal to talk to reporters after his team lost in the AFC championship isn't being harped on any more than it is. If Garrett had pulled a stunt like that the media would have crucified him twice, just for good measure.
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,584 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    Probably because he has done it before.
  3. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    He's grumpy. He doesn't want to. :)
  4. Passepartout

Passepartout Member

305 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    It just goes to show you that he is a sore loser when he loses!:eek:
  5. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No they wouldn't... Jason Garrett has been getting away as a genius and the Golden-Boy irrespective of how much he, among many, have driven this organization into the ground with his inept coaching.

A day in the life of Wade Phillips as Head Coach of the Cowboys, on the other hand...
  6. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,982 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    This is one thing I would have not harped on Garrett for.

Belichick doesn't owe the media anything. Respect should be shown between the competitors on the field. The media is not a competitor. Belichick seemed plenty sincere and respectful in the post game handshake with John Harbaugh. If the media has their panties in a bunch because he didn't want to talk to them, that's their problem.
  7. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Give me a break. He still did the mandatory post game press conference. The only thing he refused to do was the side interviews with CBS. That's why Sharpe was pissed off.

This just is just people making a big thing out of nothing.
  8. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,468 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Belichick did his required press conference, he just didn't talk to CBS individually after the game.
  9. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Cool. Who obligates someone who just went through a few hours of their work day to talk to some schmuck on the sideline afterward? Sharp played the game, he should know better than that; football is on the field not pandering to suited mic holders after you've lost a game you were invested in.
  10. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,726 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    He didn't show any respect to the Baltimore teams and their fans by not doing a concession speech.

Also, the networks pay each team $100 million a year.

Yeah, he could at least do something.

I don't like the media as much as the next guy, but he's a failure as a human being and not a nice guy. If anything, he owes it to his organization who are supposed to be the 'classiest organization in football.'

YR
  11. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,141 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Well given what CBS pays for rights and given that a lot of Mumbles salary is paid by said network paying the big coin to cover his games, he has in my view, an obligation to talk to CBS.
  12. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,733 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    He's not required to do it

If he did do it, it would be for PR purposes.

I think anyone who has followed his career knows he does not care too much about that, so i dont see why it would even come as a suprise.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,286 Messages
    6,240 Likes Received
    Is there like a weekly quota around here for "if we would have done that" threads?
  14. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,733 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    CBS ought to work somethinbg like that into a contract for the future. You cant depend on people to do things out of perceived obligation anymore.
  15. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

537 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Hoodie has clout and bling.
    Garrett has nothing. Not saying it's fair but just sayin.
  16. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Funny how Popovich does the same thing with the media with his half a$$ answers and/or one word responses and people laugh it off and give him kudos for it.

People even backed him for what he did with the Heat game even though TNT has the same deal that CBS has. Which was far worse with what Belichick has ever done with a network

But Belichick refuses a worthless sideline interview and people are all over him. As if he was going to give some mind boggling, life altering answers in that interview.

Give me a freakin break...:rolleyes:
  17. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Can't stand Billicheat one bit but this doesn't surprise me either. Him and Brady are arrogant people and I love to see them lose.
  18. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,997 Messages
    1,390 Likes Received

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
  19. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,726 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    It's a concession speech. No, it doesn't have to be the greatest speech of all time. But, it's not really about that. It's about showing respect to your opponent and showing that you and your organization are classy.

After the game, the FIRST thing Steve Bisciotti said was how the Patriots were the classiest organization in football. That was very respectful and my thoughts on Bisciotti is that he's a classy guy. And the Ravens are a classy organization because in victory they were overwhelming in their praise of the Patriots.

Here's another thing, if you praise your opponent it makes YOU look better. If Bisciotti had bristled at the notion of the Patriots being a good organization, that comes off like the Patriots weren't that good in the Ravens' eyes and they should have beat them anyway.

And if a person REALLY has a problem with giving a concession speech that is so unriveting that nobody wants to hear it...then learn how to give one just for the sake of bettering yourself as a human.

I hate to sound like one of those 'this country is going down the tubes' types, but it never ceases to amaze me how we continue to lower the bar on simple things like any modicum of sportsmanship and we treat it like those who are poor sportsmen are the victims or are in the right.

YR
  20. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received