1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The hypocrisy of right wing outrage...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by silverbear, Apr 15, 2009.

1. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Prominent conservative lawmakers have in the past 24 hours bitterly attacked the DHS analysis of right wing extremism, specifically the part that said that SOME military veterans who come home to no jobs might be targets for extremist recruitment...

Naturally, these conservative lawmakers have made it sound like the report said that ALL military veterans were possible terrorists, when of course it said no such thing (even the Veterans of Foreign Wars has admitted as much)... but that's not the hypocrisy here; I've just read over on Politico that there was a similar report issued by the FBI in 2008, when Dubya was still in office, that said almost exactly the same thing this DHS report said, but for some strange reason no Republican legislators got up in arms over THAT report...

IOW, folks, right wing recruitment of disgruntled veterans is not something that MIGHT happen, it's something that IS happening... but apparently, DHS is not supposed to comment on the recruitment tendencies they notice, not for right wing extremist organizations, anyway...

Strange how this claim was acceptable in 2008, but is now unacceptable...

Uhhh, McVeigh IS an example of the stereotypical "disgruntled military veteran"... what he is not is an example of the stereotypical military veteran, and nobody has suggested he is...

It's funny, the right tells us that we want them protecting us from the threat of both foreign and domestic terrorism, yet they apparently refuse to look at the realities of domestic terrorism... how can they protect us from these whack jobs, when they can't even see who they are??

Even the national commander of the VFW is telling those Republican lawmakers that they're being stupid here...

What we have here is another lame attempt by the right wing to create a controversy where none exists, as well as a BLATANT example of right wing hypocrisy-- when Dubya was the President, those same lawmakers had nothing to say when the FBI reported that right wing extremists were recruiting disgruntled military veterans, but when Obama is President, and the DHS refers directly to that same FBI report, those lawmakers get their panties in a bunch...
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,898 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Interesting that those complaining about DHS and Bush for the last 6 years are now defending their own actions since they are in control now... ;)
  3. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,359 Messages
    568 Likes Received

hey man, it never counts when you are in office. :p:
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Oh God!

The left is officially off their rockers.

Tapping Terrorists phones = Bad

Anti-Abortion people and war vets = possible terrorists.

What a bunch of knuckle heads.
  5. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Where is the part the claims they will target people and groups that believe in states rights and legal immigration? Those are the groups that Obama wants to target and has labeled right wing extremists. If you believe in the rule of law you are a danger to Obama. Apparently he is terrified of those that respect and stand by the Constitution.
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,081 Messages
    2,297 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  7. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree completely.
  8. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I never was in favor of the DHS. There was a better way to fix our intelligence issues. Of all the things that could have been done, the DHS was the worst possible one in my opinion.
  9. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I think Obama has nightmares about the constitution.:laugh2:
  10. WarC

WarC Active Member

1,521 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thats the sink-hole of the two parties in the environment that exists now. Sometimes I think real change won't be possible until theres a viable third party that has enough support to gain federal funding for major campaigns. That or a major rehaul of the parties driven by real voter change, a conscious grassroots efforts within the parties by voting for new public servants....public servants, not career politicians....Folks who will read bills, take stands, and not bend over for the lobbyist rod. Hopefully this teabagger thing is that kind of step.
  11. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know who you're referring to, but I have never, ever complained about DHS... I believe in those folks, they do a tough job and a necessary one...

And more than a few of them have stayed at my hotel while undergoing training...

But I never had a problem with DHS in the Dubya years, ever... Dubya I didn't like, DHS I had no problem with...
  12. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Would you PLEASE give that BS a rest?? It is quite contemptibly dishonest...

Nobody ever said that tapping terrorists phones was "bad"... what they (and I) said was that tapping AMERICANS' phones, WITHOUT A WARRANT, was "bad"...

Which it is... it is a violation of our right to privacy... worse, it's a STUPID violation of our right to privacy, when you consider that FISA was basically a rubber stamp for every request for a wiretap that the Dubya administration made...

IOW, there was no NEED to tap any American phones without a warrant, FISA would have quickly given the administration permission to do so LEGALLY...

Anti-Abortion people who blow up clinics and murder doctors performing abortions ARE domestic terrorists, make no mistake about that... anti-abortion people who protest against it are not...

The way you constantly have to distort your opponents' arguments only demonstrates that you can make your argument if you're forced to stick with the facts...
  13. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,049 Messages
    4,399 Likes Received
    Isn't it interesting that the opposite is true for those that did defend the DHS under bush but now are complaining about it under Obama?

Guess it goes both ways.

/snarky off.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Maybe brain because Obama was for Change and there has been no real change? Your whitewash is really fading quick. Keep on defending your messiah.

As regards hypocrisy- for Silver to even spout this drivel is the height of hypocrisy- coming as it does from probably the most left wing poster on this site.
  15. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Sorry, but the world we live in is vastly different than what it was pre 9/11.

If there is something that has to be done now to prevent the loss of American lives, I am ok with the government listening in on Aunt Millie's conversation with Aunt Becky and discovering Millie's Apple crumb cake recipe.

Anti-abortion people who blow up clinics are the exception and the vast exception at that. So let me paint with your own brush. Every Global warming kook is an environmental nut job who is going to destroy cars and set fires.

They should all be watched. So if you are for a "green" lifestyle, you should be watched.

Ya'll need to wake up to the way the world is today and get your heads out of the sand. Or wherever it is stuck.
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Don' waste your time on Silver. He is so far out over the edge he fell off years ago.
  17. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,724 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    What was leaked was just the "unclassified" portion of the report..........the stuff the govt did not mind at some point becoming public.....

now, the "Classified " section of the report------would be interesting to have made public........

why do I think waterboarding of RW "terrorists" would be fully permissible
  18. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Probably because you might be a tad unhinged. Right-wing extremists are nothing new, and before 9/11 were generally considered the biggest terrorist threat. And no matter how much martyr-complex conservatives want to believe, DHS is NOT talking about them. They are talking about folks like Stormfront, etc. Not some Religious Right guy banging on about taxes, gays getting married, and running RINOs out of the party. Relax, Conservazoners.
  19. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,724 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    Leftwing terrorism much more prevalent in USA History......KKK, Weather Underground, B.Ayers & Dohrn, black Panthers, Unibomber.....add in the Code Pinks, the militant Enviro's, Animal Rights......

the Left is much more prone to Violence in the USA and worldwide historically

Of the President shot and attempts on Pres. in recent history....attempts are on GOP Pres. by presumed Leftwing nutjobs ( Reagan, G.Ford in San Fran, Abe Lincoln, could even put JFK on the List---DNC would not let him in the door today).......

.........Can make the same presumption they are leftwing, as the left presumes T.McVeigh was a rightwinger........McVeigh, as an atheist among other "attributes"--had as much in common with leftwing as he did with rightwing.......
  20. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,285 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    First of all DHS and FBI analysts are garbage. Many of them are people who have no formal training in intellgence collection and operations, much less analysis.

Now to the point. If you look at the FBI you see where the title is "white suprimicists targeting vetrans for recruitment" They actually stated specific groups and that vetrans were targeted. The DHS report was vauge and said that vetrans posed a threat. It would be a lot different if DHS said, the same thing FBI said, "white suprimist groups were targeting verterns." The report was so vauge that it painted a broad brush on not only vets, but anti-abortion groups and groups opposed to the large expansion of federal government.