1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Ironic Thing About The Skins Early Activity Is...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CaptainAmerica, Mar 12, 2006.

1. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,015 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    ...it will very likely result in more Cowboy fans actually WANTING T.O. if he signs with the Cowboys next week.

I didn't mean to start another T.O. thread, but the irony of it all, when I thought about all the doom and gloom posters, was funny to me.

Think again about our two disasterous games against the Skins last year and then imagine us heading into a Monday Night showdown next season at Fed Ex. You can't tell me some of you wouldn't like the idea of having T.O. on our side of the field.
  2. vicjagger

vicjagger Well-Known Member

2,086 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Yea, we no longer have any choice. Gotta go for it, or settle...
  3. SouthernStar

SouthernStar New Member

283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Look. We didn't need a receiver before, and we don't need one now. We (and every other person reviewing our situation) decided that our priorities were OL, LB, kicker, and free safety.
    Just because the 'Skins and others are signing a few guys, why should WE head off in the WRONG direction? That will only make things worse!
  4. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,015 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I don't agree. We DESPERATELY need impact players on offense. We don't scare anyone on offense.
  5. skinsfan10

skinsfan10 New Member

11 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What has TO done against the redskins D.........nothing!!! End of Discussion!!
  6. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Troll patroll clean up aisle 3
  7. SouthernStar

SouthernStar New Member

283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Of course not. We can't run and we can't pass because we don't have a decent offensive line.
    Give us a good offensive line, and all those receivers for the 'Skins will be sitting on the bench because they can't get on the field. We'll be driving and tossing short passes, and eating up the clock on 'em.
    The best receivers in the world aren't going to help this team if Bledsoe is on his back every play.
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,716 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    It will be ironic if his compensation is equivalent to their (lloyd and ARE) combined compensation. Two #3s don't make a #1.
  9. BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo New Member

84 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Last I checked, we already have a pro-bowl receiver as our #1, so why does our other receivers' paychecks matter? :confused:
  10. seoulman

seoulman New Member

31 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That may be true, but you guys were stagnant on Offense because the O-line played ole' with defensive lineman. It's really tough for Bledsoe to make a throw when he's getting hit on every down. Terry Glenn still has jets and Keyshawn is a very good possession receiver.

I am a Redskins fan and I personally think if you guys go overboard with TO, you will live to regret it. Besides having Keyshawn AND TO on the same team is just asking for nonsense to happen on the sideline. Besides, are you sure you want the guy who danced on the Dallas Star on your sidelines:D?
  11. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I am really hoping Philly pulls a fast one and keeps TO :)
  12. Phoenix-Talon

Phoenix-Talon Eagles Fan Liaison

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hello BDS,

You guys have plenty of weapons for your passing attack now, but any thought about who will deliver the ball to those receivers. Sure Brunell is capable as long as your OL keeps those DE/DT and blitz packages at bay. But now that Ramsey is gone, what if Brunell's legs give out during a defensive surge (of course no One wants that, but you know it could happen).

Where's you QB depth? Just looking for your reaction to that question.
  13. BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo New Member

84 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hi there, Talon,

Unfortunately, a lot will ride on keeping Brunell healthy. There's talk about trying to pick up Todd Collins (KC Chiefs) as our #2/#3 depending on Jason Campbell's development. Collins makes sense because of our new OC, Al Saunders. Interestingly enough tho, Mark Clayton from ESPN was quoted as saying he believes Campbell will win the starting job during training camp. Personally, I think starting Campbell makes sense since we have all these new targets for him. Couple that with our new OC and I think it's best to roll the dice on 2006 to get Campbell ready like what the Giants did with Eli in 2004. Gibbs actually said last year that he believed Campbell could have come into the game and played 'effectively', so I'm not terribly worried about our QB depth.

PS: :suxiggle: :) :D
  14. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,405 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    no way Campbell is better than Ramsey. I hope you do go with Campbell because he sure doesn't scare me. I think Brunell's days are growing short and he's about a hit away from retirement but he's still pretty wily and throws an accurate ball with a little bit of mobility.
    Campbell was a waste of a draft pick....or several in this case. I wouldn't have taken him in the 3rd let alone first.
  15. BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo New Member

84 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't follow college ball that closely, so I never really watched Campbell, but only time will tell if he can step up his game to the NFL level. If the guys who get paid to coach our team say he's capable, then I have to believe them. I never said he would come into 2006 and pull what a rookie Roethlesberger did, but he's definitely our starter in '07, so why not get him the experience?
  16. Phoenix-Talon

Phoenix-Talon Eagles Fan Liaison

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  17. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Campbell was actually pretty good in his senior year and was a high percentage passer(well over 63%) without nearly the caliber of receivers he has in Washington.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,605 Messages
    298 Likes Received

Leave it to a Skins fan to make the MOST sense.

Some of you guys are so blinded by losing that you're willing to sell your soul for a win.

If someone came to your house, sh*tted on your bed ... would you welcome him back???

::shaking my head::