1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Last Cowboy: A Life of Tom Landry Book excerpts...Landry died a Giants fan?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 31, 2013.

1. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Active Member

1,147 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Sounds like Tom (and certainly Alicia) never forgave Jerry. That certainly does have to do with morality and is not "nonsense".
  2. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

1,904 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Believe me, you will not find a bigger detractor of Jerry Jones than I. His ego has this team stuck in a quagmire of mediocrity.

That being said, Jones was not the only person to blame for Landry's end in Dallas. Yes, he handled it as badly as a man can handle it, especially the press conference that night. And, yes, he was a bit on the cold side when it came to his revamping of the organization and ticketing processes.

But, if you profess yourself to be a Christian, shouldn't you be above a grudge? Isn't the phrase, turn the other cheek? The ticket example listed in the book was ludicrous.

It doesn't bother me that Landry didn't root for the team after he was fired - that's his choice. I can point out the issue with holding a grudge until his death, though. It wasn't like Landry didn't fire players and coaches in his career.
  3. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,633 Messages
    388 Likes Received
    The team was in a decline after 1988. It had just had a 3-13 season. What did people expect?