1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Lions are a fraud.

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Aven8, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,313 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Yes, I know they are 5-0 and we are not, but after watching them last night there defense is a fraud.

I am impressed with three things about them. CJ and the maturity of Stafford to throw the ball away. It actually reminds me of Aikman the way he would always throw it away just before the sack. It use to drive DE's crazy! Stafford is still a goofy looking guy though. Oh and Suh.

Other then that they are really average/below average football team. They are hot though. That secondary is pathetic. Cutler almost beat them by himself. Rogers might throw for 500.

Sorry about the rambling on, but after watching last nights game I had to get it out.

I feel better now, now I'm going to go watch the Tiger's get beat!
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    They are winning, but people completely overlook how they are winning and what they actually look like on the field during the win.

They are so boring and average its beyond silly. They have 2 guys who get it done and no Suh is not one of them.

Honestly not been very impressed w/ Mr. Suh this year. Im sure its because he's DT'd alot, but real players get past that.

Still can't knock the 5-0 start. Im sure most Detroit fans are just living the dream atm knowing full well the shoes going to drop any Sunday and reality will set back in.
  3. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is why the rest of the league's fans don't respect Cowboys fans intelligence. No objectivity and a complete inability to respect other teams. Calvin Johnson is way better than anybody on the Cowboys right now. Stafford is playing well and getting better, without the propensity that Romo has to turn the ball over late. The offensive line are bums that probably couldn't start for the rest of the league, but the offense is effective anyway because they take that into account instead of pretending otherwise. Best and Pettigrew are extremely productive, without the penalties and miscues that plague Witten and Felix. Fairley is just getting back into the rotation, Corey Williams is a legit nosetackle, and they have 3 different guys that can pressure the QB from the edge. Safeties and linebackers are solid tacklers and can intercept the ball, and whatever they lack in coverage ability (although Houston is just about as good as anybody we have) they make up for with scheme and pass rush.

Deny reality all you want, but they beat Dallas and have absolutely looked better through the first month of the season. They certainly have the driver seat for a spot in the playoffs, something the Cowboys don't and likely won't have.
  4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,313 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  5. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,655 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    If we were 5-0, I sure as hell wouldn't care if we had to come from behind to win in the second half, or any of that other noise. Their defense is getting the job done when it counts, and Stafford is having a great season. I've watched a couple of their games, and Calvin Johnson is not their only horse on offense. Did you miss Best going for like 160 on 12 carries against Chicago?

They are a legitimately good team. They're likely getting one of the wild cards because I don't see them beating GB for the division, but I wouldn't even count that out completely.

All that being said, I still think the Cowboys are a better team than them. We would've crushed them and not looked back if Austin had also been healthy for that game, and as it was if not for a massive meltdown we already did. I'm just not denying that they're also a good team.
  6. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,062 Messages
    775 Likes Received
    While I totally believe that the NFL regular season is a tale of two seasons (1st 8 games and 2nd 8 games).

I though the Lions would be much better this year. Their record was not indicative of their progress last year.

I had started making plans a few months back for Dallas vs Lions and told my friend that it was not a gimme.

Now, the way the game unfolded it should have been a win.

I flew out the year before for the opening game at new stadium only to watch Romo throw to Giants 3 or 4 times and lose the game.

I would have had severe deja vu if I was at Lions game.

Torture.
  7. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,497 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Well the Tigers won.

Detroit will be good as long as C J and Stafford are healthy but we've known that for 3 years.
  8. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Lions use the same defensive scheme that the Eagles use this year, the wide 9.
  9. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    2003 Cowboys, this stuff happens, team gets on a roll and gets a few breaks, they'll slow down, but they are improving.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,464 Messages
    1,032 Likes Received
    5-0 is 5-0

It doesn't matter if you think they're a fraud, they don't deserve it, yadda yadda. They're 5-0 and that's really the only thing that matters at this point and time.
  11. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,206 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    Then why are you a Cowboys fan? I can't imagine why anyone would want to be associated with a group that lack such intelligence like Cowboys fans. Please, put yourself out of your misery and go be a Lions fan if you think the Cowboys are perennially going to be clawing their way into the playoffs.

Me, I'll take the clawing. It's the teams that know how to fight through adversity and fight for the inch that win in the postseason nowadays, not the ones that are in the driver seat going in.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,940 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    Barring a catastrophic injury or two, I think the Lions will make the playoffs and go 11-5....maybe even 12-4.
  13. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I never like the tuna but he was right about records: you are what your record says you are. They are undefeated and cruising toward the playoffs and we are struggling. Stinks to high heaven we blew it against them, but demeaning them (inaccurately) does no good. They are up and coming and then some. Sure they have flaws but every team in the league, including Green Bay has flaws.
  14. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,233 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    But if they are a fraud (I think they are to an extent) then it will matter in the end.
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,538 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    Detroit has a chance to be a great team in the very near future. They have so much top notch young talent.

We did completely out play them and gave them the game though.
  16. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,482 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    You can't be a bad team at 5-0...
  17. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    But you can be a fortuitous and lucky one. they are improving, and are to be respected as young and with nowhere to go but up, I'm not prepared to call them good per se but they have the potential.

Is this the 2003 Cowboys or the 2006 bears?
  18. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,096 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    The poster has a point because of the 27-3 lead but still have to give credit when credit is due.
  19. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,313 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    I respect every team in the nfl. But my OP was after the bears game where Cutler was an Oline away from shredding them much like we did.

All I heard was how there dline was the best in football yet two rookies, and a 2nd year guy stoned them. Houston is on par with Ball.

They are 5-0. I'm fine with that. And SF is 4-1. Anybody believe either of these teams are legit? IMO SF was the best team we've played all year.

To end "the fraud" comment was about the lions as a contender. I believe they are a pretender, that's all.
  20. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,096 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    That 2003 Cowboys team caused me to throw my TV out the window. 7-2 and the Beagles still came back and won the NFC East