1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The longer this week goes, the better I feel

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,449 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I wish I could share your optimism. But it seems, even though I have no concrete evidence to back this up, that whenever we have time to prepare for an opponent we always come out looking like the keystone cops. I'm hoping this week is different, obviously.
  2. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,700 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    They play the games for a reason.
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    the kool aid is making some of you DELUSIONAL. Bump it after the fact...I'll be ELATED to eat crow if need be. You guys will disappear as usual I'm sure.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,734 Messages
    5,266 Likes Received
    This game is far from a can't win. I think they'll lose but you're acting like they're playing the 85 Bears on Sunday.
  5. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,339 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    defense mechanism.

nobody can look at the skins and consider this game a sure loss.
  6. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,282 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    This game is a toss-up. Dallas' front seven will be the deciding factor; they have pressure Griffin and stop Morris. I think the teams are pretty even otherwise.
  7. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I feel like we are going to be down a score late in the fourth and romo lleads us on a drive to win. i dunno i just have this strong conviction.
  8. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,339 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    this is how I feel. whoever wins the turn over battle wins the game.
  9. Boysathelm

Boysathelm Benched

89 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    It's called playing in the NFC EAST. If FOOTBALL WEATHER is an excuse, maybe you prefer they move us to the NFC South, where it's all dome and nice weather.
  10. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When have I ever disappeared?
  11. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,517 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    Well, if you need something to point to, how about the fact that we did not have the services of Demarco Murray in our first meeting. Not taking anything from Dez, but Demarco very well may be the x factor in this game.
  12. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,156 Messages
    1,101 Likes Received
    I've heard this argument before -- all NFL games should be played in dome stadiums so that the field conditions can be understood / predicted with clinical certainly.

IMHO, the elements add a very interesting variable to NFL games -- especially at the end of the season. I personally enjoy a good "snow game" from time to time. The NFL, after all, originated in the northern midwest in states like Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Having said that, I've never been a huge fan of open air northern stadiums with artificial turf. Doesn't sit well with me for reasons I can't very well articulate.
  13. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,029 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I do not buy that. It was a one score game with 8 minutes to go in the game. Dallas came back and came back fast. The skins was on their heels the entire 2nd half but as usual, we could not get a stop late in the quarter.
  14. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,029 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Miles also went out in the 1st quarter and Harris has gotten better as well. The offense is far more dangerous though with more players stepping up since that game. Doesn't mean victory, but if we not turn the ball over, I can see us scoring lots of points.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,678 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    I predicted a Harris TD last week and hope we'll see it again this week
  16. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Active Member

987 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I tend to think the conditions may favor the cowboys a bit. The redskins have a very fast offense. I think cold weather combined with the grass will help slow them down. More often than not, cold weather games are lower scoring than domed games.

The redskins speed on offense killed us last time. And our offense doesn't really rely on speed as much as being in the right spot.
  17. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,391 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    True. We are 3 point underdogs. NFL games are so often closely played. Sure the defense is playing castrated by injuries...but we could win this thing. Absolutely we could win this thing.

I'm all in, unafraid to put my heart into Sunday's game.

Go Cowboys!
  18. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

805 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    You could also argue that the Redskins didn't have the same urgency to score after getting out to a 28-3 lead. Doubt that mistake is made this time around - and seeing what the Dallas offense has done in the second half of games.
  19. footballnflstyle

footballnflstyle Member

62 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    i think the skins relaxed in the 2nd half and let up some,when they realized they were in a fight they put together the dagger drive,if they jump to a big lead on sunday i doubt they will ease off the gas..this game is gonna be a great game cause both offenses can abuse the defense they are going against..the crowd the energy the redskins will have from kickoff to the final seconds of the game i believe will be to much for the visiting team!!
  20. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Regardless of how we rationalize the final score in their last meeting, Cowboys-Skins games are usually decided by one score regardless of how the two teams are playing. I expect a close game and like Dallas' chances with RGIII possibly not being at full strength. Clock management (it could easily come down to who has the ball last and for how long) and special teams could be keys with both defenses being suspect.