1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Longhorns look pretty

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Bonecrusher#31, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,802 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    good...

That's a pretty great passing QB that they are shutting down.
  2. Avaj

Avaj Peace Be Still

1,700 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Finally making some plays was a little worried for a minute. I know we are a second half team but still. That run by Whittaker is what got us going.
  3. Draegerman

Draegerman Internet Somebody

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    good, too.
  4. Bonecrusher#31

1,802 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    The Kitchen's son isn't a typical good RB like you expect UT to have....
  5. Bonecrusher#31

1,802 Messages
    5 Likes Received

BOOMER
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,098 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    It's over...I expect 20-25 pts here for Texas in the 2nd half. Wyoming did put up a nice fight in the 1st half though. Garrett Gilbert has great pocket presence, this guy might be one of the hardest QBs to sack in college...dude looks like Eli Manning out there
  7. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,080 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    my Longhorns have a weak offensive line but they're backed up by very average running backs. Garrett Gilbert stares down his receivers like he's doing a Chris Simms impersonation. Chykie Brown couldn't cover my old broken down white ***. I could see 3 losses this year easy, the first might be the next game against Tech. I don't see how any Longhorn fan could watch these first two games and not be seriously worried. The Horns better get a whole lot better before they face OU.
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Their fans are still Urkels though.
  9. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    says the guy that wont say who he roots for:rolleyes:
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yale. My alma mater.
  11. rkell87

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    is it really? not saying i don't believe you, but your posts don't scream ivy league education
  12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Maybe that's because you're just a hick from Texas.:p:
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,427 Messages
    1,612 Likes Received
    It will be interesting to see how their offense grows throughout the season.

If they can manage to win their next 3 games than they got a shot at the BCS.

I just don't think this is their year though.

As far as Texas OU goes i'd say Texas is better @ Defense and Special Teams but OU's Offense is ahead of theirs.

Texas has the talent though to have a good offense but its just not close to where it needs to be.
  14. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I may be misremembering, but didn't Bobby go to James Madison??

If I'm right, he's got no need to hide his allegiances this weekend...
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,754 Messages
    2,053 Likes Received
    I felt Texas started off slow and Gilbert looked a bit unsure early on. He and the Horns really picked up the pace and started showing they will be a force this season.
  16. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,670 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    I complained about the spread offense because I love a power, smashmouth running game. However, the Horns do not have the personal to run this type of offense. I say go back to the spread. Let Gilbert air it out to his awesome WRs. Let Newton, Johnson, and Whittaker combine for about 120 yds a game. Gilbert will throw for about 3-400 a game.
  17. rkell87

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    the change in philosophy is as much about recruiting as anything else. mack brown says all the right things but you know he is realistic and knows this isn't a championship team(as much as i hate to say it). switching to the power game is showing the recruits like brown that we are committed to running the football and it will also help get top Oline recruits in here too..

my biggest concern is if Greg Davis can call plays in the pro set as well as he did from the spread. mack had Ricky Williams and Cedric Benson and couldn't get to the big game but got their twice running the spread with Vince and Colt. i just hope that it works out the way the coaches want it to
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,754 Messages
    2,053 Likes Received
    Right now I agree Texas does not look good enough to be in the NC but I also know that things can change quickly in the college ranks as these players continue to grow and learn, Texas has allot of young kids on this team and if they can win these early game and continue to learn and improve there is no telling what they will look like later on. Texas is an expected 2-0 to start the season with a big test in front of them vs TT that game could be a big confidence builder for these youngsters.
  19. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,732 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Mack Brown had Ricky Williams for only one season, his first as the Longhorns coach. Was he supposed to get to the big game that year?

Did you really want Major Applewhite or Chris Simms running the same type of spread offense? Neither could run like Colt McCoy and certainly not like Vince Young.

It is more about the players than it is the scheme. A team can win a championship in just about any scheme as long as they have top notch players in that scheme and have a great team mentality.
  20. rkell87

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    you knew the point i was making, and i agree with all of your last paragraph. i like that mack can adjust his scheme to fit his players, other coaches just dont touch/wont get players that fit the scheme they run.

my point was that with great college(and pretty good pro backs) we couldnt get to the NC, but we did with the spread. all im saying is that i hope that greg davis can call a game in the pro set as good as he did in the spread once we get the talent in place to make a run.