1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Mark Barron Thread *Merge*

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 24, 2012.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Rotoworld has a piece up saying the Bills are "extremely" interested in Mark Barron. Of course 3 days ago I posted I was hearing as much from my old contacts in Rochester.

I cant post the link, checking in from my phone.

Anyways, if my count is right thats now 7 teams in the top 18.
  2. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    The Bills just want Jerry's draft picks.
  3. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I really think we need to trade up with Indy at this point. It's our only chance to secure him lol
  4. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    You da man. I think we need to get ready for.....with the 14th pick in the 2012 draft....the dalla cowboys select....michael brockers.
  5. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received

I am going to be really bummed out if that happens.
  6. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    That sucks. Maybe we can spread false rumors about him to get other teams to lose interest. I heard from my girlfriend's father's best friend's boss's son's roommate that Barron was caught up in a secret service sex scandal during the teams visit to the White House, plus he has 7 children from 5 different women, one of which is his Mother, and he also drinks a lot and his feet stinks.
  7. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    not that mayock can predict the outcome of the draft but he just went on record saying that at the end of the day he doesn't think anyone will make any trades 1-10.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    5,908 Likes Received
    :bow: :lmao2:
  9. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received

Washington and St.Louis already killed that thought lol.
  10. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow. And I thought the Bills would be looking to draft a quality LOT, given last year's starter Demetress Bell signed with the Eagles.

Why choose Barron over moving up for a top left tackle, SDogo? What's the thinking? Are they in a position to go purely BPA in the 1st, and feel that Mark Barron is just that good?

I mean, I know Barron is considered to be a top draft pick, but LOT has always been considered a more valuable 1st Round pick ... especially if you (the Bills) need one ... over drafting a Safety, good as Barron is thought to be, right?
  11. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The Bills claim they are dedicated to continuing the overhaul and upgrade of the defense. IMO, that means one last piece in the 1st and then they have to start addressing the offense. Their thinking is that they can find a quality OT in the 2nd and I have to agree. Reiff, Adams and Martin are all well behind Kalil and none of them worth the 10th pick. Also one of them are very likely to be available when the Bills pick in the 2nd along with Massie and Jeff Allen who they really like.
  12. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,680 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    I really hope not but if true I can see us trade up to 7-9 to secure Barron. I tweeted someone who's pretty reliable and said the cowboys are ready to move up but not drastically. A few spots to secure either Barron or cox
  13. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,508 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    My money is on Dallas moving up for Barron
  14. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You make it all make sense. Thanks, SDogo. Just surprised me, at first blush. Other than Luck, RG3, and maybe Claiborne and Cox, BARRON seems to be the red hot name going into the draft. The drama builds.

So do the Cowboys get into the competitive mix for Barron, no matter what it takes, or sit at #14 and let whoever the BPA might be come to them, from your point of view/ from what you're hearing?
  15. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I guess it's a good thing when all the players linked to the Cowboys are coveted by so many other teams. The opposite of that is Tony Dixon.
  16. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,048 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    Barron a lock at 10?

Or just interest/predraft talk?
  17. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received

I have a bunch of Bills fans and they pretty much say what you said. They like Reiff but feel he is a reach at 10. So Barron would be a better value for them.(FWIW they also hope Claiborne drops to them, and like Floyd)
  18. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    well he made the comment tonight and that trade happened a while ago, so it's pretty alive.
  19. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    don't the bills already have 2 quality safeties?
  20. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    IMO, I think Barron is a real possibility. Be honest, I'm torn on Gilmore as well if he is even there. Get a sneaky suspicion this Jags are going to pull the first "woa" of the draft with Gilmore.

If history and my time in Buffalo has taught me one thing it's that the Bills are not afraid to buck the trend, they just have never got as much attention as Oakland in doing it.