1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The natives are getting restless

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Nov 26, 2012.

1. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,137 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    :bow:
  2. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,414 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Yep, when I had a stopover in Dallas earlier this year, my son and I made sure we went to the DFW proshop and spent a fair chunk of coin. It is the way the world is made.
  3. TheStar

TheStar Member

139 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Personally think the Original Poster had one of the best posts I have seen on this forum. He basically nails it.

Sad but very true.

jmho
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    No offense but I hat the season ticket holders here who keep selling there tickets to opposing fans to make money.

Nothing irritates me more, I will never understand why you bought them in the first place.
  5. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Brother, I am with you. If RGIII had landed anywhere else (barring Philly and NYC), I might have already moved my fandom. But I simply can't see myself ever rooting for any Redskin player, no matter how much I liked him as a college player.
  6. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Pray tell, why does it matter. You purchase a ticket to an event to be entertained. The Cowboys quite simply are not entertaining, unless your perspective going in is to see a black comedy, as someone else mentioned on this thread.
  7. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    What door do you speak of so I'll know what to look for.
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,414 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    did you ask said Seabag fan about the rampant roid use amongst their secondary?
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    A couple of reasons.

First it sucks being in the stadium with a bunch of opposing teams fans. Duh.

Second it makes is all look bad. It creates a bad environment.
  10. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,137 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    LOL

If you don't understand that's okay :laugh2:
  11. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,332 Messages
    841 Likes Received
    Haha, he's full of crap. Last year, I told the team that I was done, and had no interest in being a season ticket holder. They gave me a free upgrade in seats, just to stay on. They've been saying that they are 98% sold out since that stupid stadium opened.
  12. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,879 Messages
    2,026 Likes Received
    Quite simply, the shine on this jalopy is long gone, and the loyalty of the fan base is getting older and grayer. There's no buzz whatsoever among the younger crowd, who simply don't care and don't get what all the fuss is about.

Jerry's life legacy will be the hillbilly that took down America's Team. Write it on his friggin gravestone.

What a failure of a once-lucky man he really is.
  13. jbz64

jbz64 Member

170 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    None taken but I'm not selling my tickets to make money but the opportunity is there so why not take advantage of it. I'll use it again next May and maybe things will have changed.

To tell you the truth I don't know if opposing fans are buying my tickets. It could be die-hard Cowboys fans wanting to go see the Cowboys in a great section but I doubt they would be spending that much money for the product Jerry Jones is putting on the field.

I don't know about you but I don't want to feel I like I throw my money away. Pretty simple to me. I love the Cowboys but after these last 16 years I want a better return on my investment for entertainment. I can get just as frustrated at home as being at the game.
  14. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I figured as much. He told me I was going to continue to keep overpaying, but the way I see it by the time you factor the PSL in the payments (if I'm getting season tickets i want 200 or 300 level), the price evens out. I suck at math though. :D
  15. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,295 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    Geez you guys, this whole conversation reminds of a timeshare spiel, is that what it's come too? I was under the misunderstanding that season tickets were still at a premium and they were tough to get.

On a side note, I was fortunate enough to watch the Cleveland game from a suite on the 45 yard line and next to us was Amoco suite and there was not a soul in it the entire game.

AT&T was on the other side and it was packed, in fact I was yelling and screaming the whole second half with their CEO (great guy). But the Amoco thing really bothered me. If you're not going to use it give the tickets away to some people who would appreciate it or to some charity. To let it go empty is a shame.
  16. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,211 Messages
    1,463 Likes Received

I would bet a lot of people now, were wish jerry was strapped down at the 50 yard line during that....:laugh2:
  17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,945 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    My brother sold suites when the stadium first was selling them. He worked with Boys for 5 years. Near end he was selling event and other seat packages. They are pushed hard to sell, sell, sell. It started as top line professionals selling the suites and then he got tired of it when they started using young salesmen just to push cold calls.
  18. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,588 Messages
    795 Likes Received
    How wrong you will be. Watch and learn grasshopper.
  19. halcyon

halcyon Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please enlighten me master....
  20. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    I understand what you are saying. I do. But, personally, I don't think any self-respecting Cowboys fan should be there in the first place. As I said in another thread, purchasing tickets to games, merchandise or even participating in the tour is the equivalent of telling Jerry Jones the GM he is doing a good job.