1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The NFL is rigged

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Oct 27, 2013.

1. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,532 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    They made the NFL like the NBA
  2. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,138 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    I saw it. and they saw it too. you can call holding on every play if you want to. this guy called it to get that clock stopped for the Lions.and that call gave them a chance.
    Boyzmamacita and superonyx like this.
  3. ryanbabs

ryanbabs Active Member

759 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    This is where the refs have always screwed us...situational penalties. The number of calls can be skewed to resemble, but the timing and effect are not necessarily the same.
  4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,532 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    I don't think it's rigged... I think its human error...
  5. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,161 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    If it is "only" human error then the bias against us (the Cowboys are yearly voted as the NFL's most hated team) affects the referees too. That is the only way I can explain it other that the NFL being rigged. Either way it sucks for the Cowboys and it's fans.

In a league were parity has made each game come down to a play or two, biased officiating can most definitely swing the balance in the opposing team's favor. Mike Ditka stated just last week that you can call holding or pass interference on every play. If judgement calls can be made on every play and there is a majority referee bias against us(which should be the case if the polls are accurate) then it can be reasonable to suggest that we are getting the short end of the stick in questionable calls. Unfortunately these calls are usually instrumental in us losing many close games.
    treykin32 likes this.
  6. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

3,112 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    We don't get calls...

Blame Garret.

LOL
  7. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,108 Messages
    1,660 Likes Received
    Dude, Garrett is getting fired eventually. What are you going to do then?
  8. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

3,112 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    Root for the new coach to be successful?
  9. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,108 Messages
    1,660 Likes Received
    You won't think it was a mistake?
  10. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    965 Likes Received
    Dude you think they are going to mention that while they had Calvin's name shoved down their throat? It's worse than listening to CBS talk about Manziel and Tebow.
  11. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,541 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    No, for the reason you state. But from a neutral announcer standpoint they could at least mention that the refs missed it. Love him or hate him Collingsworth does do that type of announcing.
  12. mahoneybill

1,541 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    P.S. good point on the CJ love. Didn't miss what you were observing and we all were hearing.
  13. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,767 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Love the fact that when Romo slid in the first quarter, he gets hit by TWO Lions players from behind and nothing.. LOL.. Not why Dallas lost the game, But, unreal what calls just go by the wayside with this team.
    treykin32 likes this.
  14. mahoneybill

1,541 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Like that PI challenge. Put it on the coaches to gamble with a lost timeout.

Some of these PI calls have more of an impact than a short ball placement which is challengable
  15. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,454 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    The calls described in this thread are indefensibly horrible. They had a major impact on the game.
    Those that say were crybabies explain the pi call no call.
  16. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,197 Messages
    5,428 Likes Received
    I still believe the deal Jerry Jones made with Satan in order to win a Super Bowl with Barry Switzer is responsible.
    pjtoadie, treykin32 and HeavyBarrel like this.
  17. ctalker

ctalker Member

407 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Was my first thought as well... Especially since there used to be a very hands off approach to the Superbowl in terms of the refs.
  18. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    .... after 18 years and 5 Coaches we should all just keep our heads buried in Jerrys' shorts....just asinine
  19. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,167 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received
    The NFL is not rigged. It just has a telephone book of rules designed to help the offense, and the refs are overwhelmed.

The NBA, however, is absolutey rigged. I believe that completely, which is why I wrote it off.
  20. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    Seems that if you can come to the conclusion that the NBA is rigged, .. you are being naive to think the NFL is not.