1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The offensive line excuse is getting old folks

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Oct 8, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,023 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    Any Cowboys fan who watches the games knows that Romo does have time to throw on certain downs but has sometimes made crucial mistakes. Yes the line can use some improvement but that excuse for me is too convenient because as the QB you have to adjust to the O-Line you have and make plays. I;m sure he can't walk up to Jerry Jones and say I would be able to play better if the O-line was a lot stronger. So Romo needs to accept that this is the line he is playing with the rest of the season and try to do his best to be effective. If he feels the other team's defense is rushing a lot then it's up to him to communicate that to the coach so they can work together to make an adjustment. Also no QB can ever use the O-line as an excuse for why the offense is not scoring because he is not paid to just all the protection in the world on every down. And lastly, when Romo's career is all done with and he never made the SB or only won 2 playoff games, are people really going to say he could have achieve more but never had much of a offensive line??

I refuse to use the offensive line as an excuse from this point on in the season.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,807 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    Well, they probably should.
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You can't ignore the offensive line problems. You just can't. When a guy is constantly seeing pressure he is gonna force throws. He can't keep taking hits or sacks where he's gonna either fumble the ball or take a huge loss. Every hit Romo takes he is closer to going down for the season. Sure Romo has made some poor decisions, but at least half of his mistakes have been on the offensive line for not protecting him well. Not only that the run blocking hasn't been there. No run game means more throws for Romo and with this offensive line if you're gonna make Romo throw 40 plus times a game you're gonna see the same mistakes over and over again. We have to find a way to establish the run game and take pressure off of our quarterback. If not this season will go downhill very, very quickly.
  4. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,743 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    I agree that all qb's have to make plays under pressure. Would be nice to have a running game though. I do agree that the OLine and poor protection issue has been a problem at times, but also that there are other problems with this offense that cause it to look inconsistent - what exactly the root of the problem is i cannot say - the offensive unit does not look like they are all on the same page at times and just look sloppy.
  5. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So Garrett can't see his qb is getting killed to make an adjustment? Romo is suppose to coach the team as well?
  6. CowboysFanSince88

4,023 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    So since Romo runs the offense isn't it his job to talk to the coach to handle teams who like to blitz? Why continue to do a 5 step drop if you know that the O-line is not built for it? Maybe quicker passes?
  7. CowboysFanSince88

4,023 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    Yes because that shows he is a leader.
  8. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  9. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I did not deserve this thread. I did nothing bad to deserve this thread.
  10. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,959 Messages
    935 Likes Received
    You clicked on it.
  11. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,703 Messages
    1,326 Likes Received
    To think that this is not a domino effect with the QB and wide receivers and their timing is amazing to me.

You may think as you like. But that doesn't change the fact that this is perhaps the worst offensive line I have seen since the early sixties.
  12. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,119 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    you do that.
  13. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll second that laugh... :lmao2:
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,023 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    But when it comes to the offensive line, it is what it is right? It's not going to change the rest of the season so why not adjust to it?
  15. GOLDENCHILD1688

GOLDENCHILD1688 Well-Known Member

4,325 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    man I hate bye weeks after a loss more then anything around here. smh

At first threads like this offered comic relief now its just plain annoying lol
  16. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,119 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    you do that.
  17. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    People forget how bad the line was before romo even made his pro debut and how much better it looked with him in there...
  18. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    After it happened. I didn't cause this one.
  19. Canada180

Canada180 bannedontherun88

131 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Well bro, when a line cant open a millimetre for a RB to run through, the other team will start bringing it every down. Whats a Qb gonna do .

man 'o man
  20. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

OK than how about we "use it" as a reason. The OL problem has little to do with pass protection and everything to do with why we can't run the ball.

The pass blocking has actually been OK and Romo greatness and the threat to kill you getting out of the pocket has actually elevated it to good.

But we can't run the ball.