1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The offensive line excuse is getting old folks

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Oct 8, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    All he has to do is not TURNOVER THE BALL. That is something that he can control
  2. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,737 Messages
    1,331 Likes Received
    Not surprising at all since one of Tony Romo's main strengths is his ability to move in the pocket and avoid the rush.

Take your agenda elsewhere because it is old and getting annoying.
  3. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    so you dont think an offensive line that can barely handle the snap without getting a penalty, provides no running lanes and cant protect long enough to complete a three step drop should be to blame for this mess?.....along with his TE and WRs dropping a quarter of everything thrown at em, cant line up or run the correct routs ...you think its all on Romo huh?....hell...he should get more money for putting up with this ****
  4. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,918 Messages
    1,592 Likes Received
    In 2006, when Bledsoe started, the OL was allowing all kinds of sacks and was considered bad.

After Romo started, the same OL all of sudden had players going to the pro bowls.

Similar thing happened with the 90's OL when E. Smith was drafted.
  5. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

705 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    There are some pretty elusive QBs getting hit more than Romo. The difference is they take the hit and don't force the bone headed turnover. You gotta know when to hold them...know when to fold them, right?
  6. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,572 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    IMO it's about the running game.
  7. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,737 Messages
    1,331 Likes Received
    Tony Romo does try to do too much at times and some of his turnovers make me face palm but you are suggesting that Romo needs to do more when I think he is doing too much.

Jason Garrett is terrible at play calling...period. He is responsible for devising a game plan that could somewhat disguise the offensive line but he has yet to do it. No motion, no draw plays, few screens and plays that generally take too long to develop.

Romo deserves to be called out for his mistakes but he also deserves better than a piss poor OC who is obviously still learning on the job.
  8. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    clearly

[IMG]
  9. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,274 Messages
    141 Likes Received
  10. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,462 Messages
    932 Likes Received
    You don't usually throw a 5-yard pass over the top. He can throw passes over the top, but in order to do that, there can't be a safety positioned for that.

Because Dallas can't run effectively against front sevens and can't pass block effectively against front fours, defense can defend short with their corners with safety help. It also makes it more difficult to throw quick slants because the linebackers who don't have to blitz as much can settle down in those zones.

What you'd ideally like to happen is for your run game to force a safety into the box so you can force those corners back or beat them over the top if they play up.

What you'd ideally like to happen is for your offensive line to protect against four-man rushes so the defense has to blitz, leaving some quick slant/out opportunities or if your line is good enough to handle the blitz, some one-on-one opportunities for a receiver. (Romo is real good at finding those matchups when given time.)

The line keeps Dallas from having those opportunities, and consequentially handicaps Garrett as a play-caller. Now, I do think Garrett needs to show more creativity with his play-calling because of the overall play of the line, but mediocre line plays make his job harder, too.

I don't feel pity for Garrett, though, because he's the one who approved this line plan.
  11. CowboysFanSince88

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I said that since Romo is still paid to perform, he has to talk to his coach so they both can adjust to the weakness of the O-Line.
  12. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,470 Messages
    2,324 Likes Received
    Just out of curiosity, do you huddle down behind the couch as if you are under center and play like the ball is snapped and you toss a rolled up pair of socks between the rabbit ears on the TV?

Unless you knock them over it's a completed pass.

Of course the ref, your mom, will throw a flag if she sees an illegal forward pass, which usually ends up eating supper in your room.

Sort of like attempting to ride the dog like a horse, which is frowned upon in your establishment.

Nobody knows the trouble you seen.....
  13. CowboysFanSince88

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received

Out of the 5, there was 2 that was his fault
  14. Novacek84

1,274 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Adjust how? these guys can't block. period. Do you watch these games?
  15. LongSnapper

LongSnapper Member

747 Messages
    19 Likes Received

You ought to be use to them by now :laugh1:
  16. CowboysFanSince88

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received

That was funny
  17. CowboysFanSince88

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Well if they can't adjust then why are they getting paid??????
  18. King Marco III

King Marco III Member

49 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Iam at a loss at this point........ I mean this is honestly the worst line I can ever remember seeing with my own eyes. How anybody can't see that it has completely hampered our offense, and our team in general, saddens me. I mean lawd have mercy! They can't pass block, they can't run block, but yet Romo is at fault here? I mean can you imagine Tom Brady behind this line? I could, he'd be on injured reserve.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I would rather be forced by gunpoint to read another one of the 1,000,000,000,000 dez bashing threads, word for word, than to even glance at another thread title that suggest that Romo having the worst o line ever , doesn't directly result in the hardships he has had in recent years. Broken collarbones, broken ribs, puntured lungs, etc, etc, etc. pound for pound Tony might have the hardest job in all of sports, yet he is under appreciated of course.
  19. CowboysFanSince88

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received

No one is blaming Romo but what he can do is cut down on the turnovers when he does have time to throw.
  20. Novacek84

1,274 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Don't understand your question. Plenty of guys in the NFL get paid. Doesn't mean they're any good. And that's this OL group with the exception of Tyron. You're lost if you think OL issues don't impact the QB and entire offense. Ask the Patriots about their inability to block the Giants in the Super Bowl. It's cost them 2 titles.