1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Office

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Dawgs0916, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Dawgs0916

Dawgs0916 Will the Thrill

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Are there any other fans of this show on here?

Am I the only one disappointed with this season so far? This whole Michael quitting thing is just stupid, and the new boss Charles is easily the most dislikeable character the show has had.

They are trying too hard for laughs now and its really sad. This was my favorite show for a long time and its a far cry from the first few seasons now. I hope its not coming to an end but it really looks that way...
  2. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yeah I don't get the quitting thing either.

Charles needs to go.

I still like the Office a lot...but I have no idea where they are going with it.
  3. EveryoneElse

EveryoneElse Active Member

3,877 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I highly doubt the Office is coming to an end.

I have a feeling that the next 1 hour episode(two weeks) is going to be one of the best.
  4. Dawgs0916

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Thats something else that has started to bother me. Why do they keep putting week breaks in between the episodes? Its annoying. And its a normally half hour show, unlike Lost.

Lost doesn't take breaks between episodes except for that one time a week ago or whatever.

But how could they string this plot back together? Have David beg Michael back and have Charles dismissed?

Stanley as productivity czar? Really?
  5. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    the only thing i've ever found funny about the show is the "thats what she said" moments and even some of them aren't funny
    (my favorite)
    [youtube]zFwS98ZlL3Y[/youtube]
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,122 Messages
    1,355 Likes Received
    I keep thinking this is building up to something because it's not funny at all.
  7. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    I've always been a fan of "My Name is Earl"... VERY funny...

Then you have the groupie faction for "The Office"...

After watching many episodes, I can tell you that it is truly funny, but only if you get the inside jokes. Watch it a few weeks and you will get it.

Earl is still funnier, but "The Office" it is a quality show once you understand the characters and their situations...
  8. xout

xout Believer

487 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, unless the show is about to get cancelled or something, I don't see Michael not being in The Office as he just signed a 3 season extension to his contract.

I see this playing out as Dwight and Co leading a revolt to get Michael back via a strike of some sorts...

Charles isn't even funny.. it's ridiculous. I guess that's the point of his character though; to make you have no attachment to him whatsoever other than hate.
  9. Dawgs0916

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received

Are you serious? Dwight didn't show a hint of loyalty in that last episode...
  10. xout

xout Believer

487 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Even more reason for Dwight's motivation to get Michael back. Dwight will realize his mistake for abandoning Michael and try and get him back.
  11. Dawgs0916

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Dwight has always looked out for Dwight. Remember the "Coup" episode when he agreed to take the manager position away from Michael only to have to do his laundry.

Also the Golden Ticket episode showed he wasn't willing to fall for Michael anymore again.
  12. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    On the contrary. The last three episodes have been very strong.
  13. Dawgs0916

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I thought Golden Ticket was hilarious, but these episodes have been really hit or miss..
  14. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Big fan of the show, although I haven't watched it regularly for a while. I did catch this last episode and was left shaking my head.
  15. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,387 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    have any of you seen the original version with ricky gervais as the office manager? it's fantastic, from what i've seen of the american version the original is better though i've only seen a few episodes so i could be wrong.
  16. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm probably in the extreme minority here, but the show just doesn't grab me.
  17. DR.WARE

DR.WARE Member

603 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    i love the office but i dont like charles at all. I think michael is going to go look for his old girlfriend who transferred to the other office.
  18. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The original is far, far superior. So many of the complaints here are exactly what the original was going for (ex. insufferably smug boss, formerly sycophantic aide turning on the Michael/David character, etc.) The original, while very funny, also had a serious undercurrent to it. Merchant and Gervais were also smart not to run it beyond 2 seasons. They knew when to quit.

All that being said, I thought it was kind of cool to see Stringer Bell on the American version.
  19. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This season has been so disappointing. Last season was very hit-or-miss as well.

It was one of my favorite shows for its first three years or so, but it's gone downhill recently.

I really admire the original (BBC) for not trying to milk things and ending on a high note.
  20. Dawgs0916

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I dunno man. I am going to be seriously sad when this series comes to an end. I just wish the writers could go back to the good ole days when the funnies came from daily office occurences.

It turned into a soap opera of sorts with the Dwight/Andy/Angela triangle and then Michael and Jan, although that had its funny moments too.