1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The official *I'm jealous of the Steelers organization* thread.

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboys102030, Jan 26, 2011.

1. cowboys102030

cowboys102030 Member

285 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'm jealous. I wish we were the Steelers. They have 7 Super Bowl titles (well, currently 6, which is still more than us) and haven't had terrible seasons in a long time. They're resilient, they're well coached, they don't give up, they have an amazing GM and owner, and they don't make excuses. They play tough every game, they don't let the media get to their heads, and all they do is just win like it's business as usual.

I'll always be a Cowboys fan, but as it stands, we're completely irrelevant and have been for over ten years. This is all thanks to Jerry. He ruined a great franchise, while the Steelers solidified themselves as eternal perennial contenders, placing themselves on top of the football world. At least in the 70's, 80's, and very early 90's, the Cowboys contended, had great coaching, and hardly disappointed their fans for more than a few years. All we have to hang our hat on the past 15 years is one playoff win. Absolutely pathetic. Things will change for us eventually, but one thing will not change: The Steelers' championship-caliber organization.

So everyone who's jealous of the greatest organization in the NFL, come join the club!
  2. angry1

angry1 Member

68 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I always tell everyone that i hate the steelers but i respect the organization.I wish the Cowboys would be run like they are.
  3. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,314 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Agreed.
  4. cowboys102030

cowboys102030 Member

285 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Yes. Steelers are my least favorite team in the league and I'm insanely jealous, but man I respect them. If I weren't a Cowboys fan, I'd have no problem rooting for an organization that plays hard-nosed football and gets things done in a quiet manner. I wouldn't be a fan, but just... root. If we ever tie or surpass them in Lombardi's, I wouldn't mind rooting for them just a bit.

I hate to sound negative about the Cowboys, but Jerry Jones has really handicapped this franchise. Until he steps down, we'll never be the organization we once were.
  5. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,642 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    Agreed.

Steelers beat us in every important category on the all time list now. I hate them, but man do I respect them.

They are the team I view as our #1 rival. Not even the other NFCE teams compare. They are just enemies to me, not rivals.

I'm jealous of their towel too. That was a fantastic idea, wish a Cowboy fan had thought of that first =(
  6. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,169 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I guess nobody remembers that the steelers stunk in the 80's, and only made one SB appearance in the 90's.

A fine organization, don't get me wrong, but every organization has thier ups and downs. When Dick Lebeau retires, they will be back down. You can bet on it.
  7. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    **** the Steelers......
  8. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anyone who is jealous should just convert to being Steeler fans.

The Steelers having success doesn't make me jealous in the least. I would like to be doing as well as the Steelers are now, but I don't feel the Cowboys have anything to be jealous about. Cowboys tradition and history speaks for itself, and I wouldn't trade it for the Steelers traditin and history. Organizations go through ups and downs, and ours has been a bit of a roller coaster in recent years. The Steelers have their ups and downs as well. All the Steelers passing our Super Bowl records means is that we have to get our stuff together and catch back up, not be jealous of them.
  9. NYJfan

NYJfan New Member

6 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm jealous. Never seen my team in the SB in my lifetime, and they go 3 times since 2005.

They seem like the best drafting team in the league. Show the door to Santonio? Mike Wallace has a better season than Holmes ever did, and Sanders and Brown step up, big time. Pouncey is already playing at a PB level.

Sigh.
  10. Punkabilly56

Punkabilly56 New Member

140 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No need to be jealous. We have a fine tradition. The steelers are lex luthor is our Superman. Lex Luthor may blow up Metropolis but Superman always get Lois Lane.
  11. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't even see the Steelers as Lex Luther. They aren't our sworn enemies. Our paths have crossed in 3 big games in the last 35 years, the last of which was 15 years ago. Otherwise we are just 2 separate organizations taking 2 separate paths toward being the best we can be every year.

Pittsburgh isn't going about their business every year worrying about how to outdo Dallas, so why in the world is it such a big deal for Cowboy fans to worry about Pittsburgh? Sure they will take pride in winning mores Super Bowls than anyone else, just as we did when we acheived that, but the pride is in the accomplishment, and the Steeelrs aren't acheiving success out of some ill feelings toward the Cowboys. TI'll worry about the Steelers when and if we play them, but they are not, and have not been, an ongoing rival.
  12. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,510 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    They went 26 years without winning a Super Bowl. This is their time, but like you say, when LeBeau leaves they won't replace him easily.
  13. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Umm they just missed the postseason last year. Some if yall need to chill out with the bashing if the Dallas organization. The Cowboys are still a great franchise and just in a slump, we will get out of it soon.
  14. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

768 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    After watching the Murchinson's and Bright's own the Cowboys for 29 years, with one HOF Head Coach - followed by Jerry Jones and his circus, it is simply sad to see how things have changed so dramatically for the Cowboys.

It's like watching the hero, George Bailey, in 'It's a Wonderful Life'. Living a classy, honest, humble and hard working life in Bedford Falls, George finds out what it would be like if the villian, Henry Potter, took over in Bedford Falls. In an alternate world, Bedford Falls becomes Pottersville and becomes home to sleazy nightclubs and pawn shops. Just as it appears all is lost, an angel named Clarence restores order and the old way.

The Cowboys used to be humble, hard working, tough and well coached with an amazing GM and owner(s). They didn't let the media get to their heads and all they did is win. 20 years of it. The were America's Team. They earned it.

Now, we have Jerry world. Pole dancers. Flashy players. Under performing players. Soft players. 6 coaches (6 of any 500 that could coach Jerry's team), an owner that hardly acknowledges his own organizations past (no ROH for players prior to his arrival - as if they didn't even exist). 1 playoff win in 15 years. America's Team has become irrelevant.

Clarence got his wings. I wonder if he can come back and help us out?

Who knows what an angel looks like? Maybe his name is Jason...
  15. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not sure Meredith, Garrison, Duane Thomas, Hollywood Henderson, HarveyMartin etc ...... were all humble, or that there were never any pole dancers involved. As for the media, that's just the times to a degree - the media wasn't the omnipresent insatiable giant it is today, so the players then didn't have to deal with the same thing.

You are absolutely right about the ownership and coach though. That level of competence and stability throughout the organizations is hard to come by. The Steelers had it with the Rooney family as owners, and Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher as coaches, and that's a lot of why Pittsburgh hasn't been through quite as many ups and downs as Dallas has.
  16. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    well put staut.

I generally agree with everything you hafta say.

Like your way of thinking
  17. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,642 Messages
    138 Likes Received

Most of us aren't bashing the Cowboys. I'm a Cowboys fan forever, I love my team. I certainly believe I'll see us in a Super Bowl again.

I'm just praising the Steelers. They have a great organization right now. I think they and the Patriots are some of the best run around atm.

I will still root against the Steelers in every game they ever play, unless it's an NFCE opponent.
  18. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

768 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Agreed about the some of the players of the 60's and 70's - but, I really meant the organization appears to be driven by power, prestige, greed, arrogance, marketing and excessive gluttony. The standard is not excellence on the field. The standard appears to be Jerry's media attention and increasing his shareholder value.
  19. Alumni2k11

Alumni2k11 Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)

1,050 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  20. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2: