1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The only focus right now is being 6-5 on Thanksgiving night

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Nov 10, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    Go to the Linc Tomorrow and with no problem, and a win over the Browns followed by a win on Turkey day. If they can accomplish that goal and is sitting at 6-5 after Thanksgiving, I see no reason why this team can't finish with a 9-7 or 10-6 record since the only challenge left on the schedule after Thanksgiving is

The steelers at home.

So there is no way we shouldn't be feeling good about this team if they are 6-5 at the end of Turkey Day

It all starts tomorrow with a blowout win in philly since their offense would be able to do much.

GO Cowboys!!!!
  2. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Well-Known Member

1,002 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    If we manage to beat the eagles, then yes, 6-5 is very possible, maybe even probable.

At 6-5, we would give ourselves a chance to make a late playoff push.

Make no mistake though, this game against philly will not be easy. They are just as desperate as us and it is always tough playing in their house.
  3. CowboysFanSince88

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received

One of their O-Lineman is out on top of the line already being weak. So how are the Eagles going to score points?

Too Many Advantages

Cowboys 31
    Eagles 10
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Actually the only focus should be on trying to win the first quarter against the Eagles. From there, second quarter. So on and so forth.

Thinking 3-4 games out like any of the games this team plays is a given?

Come on, have a little more sense than that.
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The only focus for the Dallas Cowboys right now should be beating the Philadelphia Eagles tommorow. Nothing else matters. This football team cannot afford to look ahead. Worry about those other games when the time comes.
  6. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Playing the Steelers at home = home game for Steelers. That fan base travels better then any other.
  7. CowboysFanSince88

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received

In all honesty I;m looking to the Thanksgiving and have already looked pass the Eagles and Browns

I know the Players can't do it but just consider me already chilling on Nov 22nd waiting for everyone to join me. The eagles and browns are nothing to be afraid of but RG3 is a little tougher but should still be a win
  8. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,482 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    Hmm, reminds me of 1997. We best the Skins to move to 6-5. Aikman and Woodson, along with others, held hands on the sidelines in a human chain as Ritchie Cunningham kicked the game winner. Everyone felt great about our chances. We then proceeded to lose out. :(
  9. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rememeber 91 when we beat them to move to 7-5 on our way to finishing 11-5?
  10. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,078 Messages
    2,294 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys are 6-5 Thanksgiving night, I'll definitely feel thankful.
  11. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I agree. We can't win 6-8 games tomorrow. Best we can do is move to 4-5 and I agree the odds would then favor an assention to 6-5.
  12. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,132 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    the best this team will be is 5-6. there is no way that this team can win three in a row with how bad they have played the last five weeks. i just can not see it. then only will win one game the rest of the year. the bengals game or the skins game they will win for the last win of the year. no way this team beats the steelers. the saints i do not know right now. if the saints win tomorrow they will win in dallas. if not the cowboys might win two more then.
  13. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Oh ye of little faith. I already have us 11-5 division champs. #2 seed in a 3 way tiebreaker with the Packers and Niners.

I'm just waiting for the wild card round to play out and see who travels to Dallas for the Divisonal round.:D
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    It's interesting to see people just write off divisional games because the opponent is supposedly weaker while having just as many wins.

Dallas is a combined 16-13 against Philly and Washington since the start of the 2005 season. 26 total points between what Dallas has scored in those games and what the Eagles and Redskins have combined to score against Dallas.
  15. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We believe you. And I for one won't waste a second trying to make you see it.;)
  16. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,132 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    i am not trying to be a ********. i just do not see a three game winning streak out of this team this year by the way they have played so far.
  17. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wasn't accusing you of being a smart anything.
  18. Switz

Switz Member

806 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Of all the games left on the schedual the one I don't want Dallas losing is vs Pittsburgh.. I will abosoluty VOMIT:steelers:
  19. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,366 Messages
    970 Likes Received
    In only two weeks we could have a 3 game winning streak. We could also lose all of them. This is not a team. It's the offense and Garrett. ST's and Decamillas. :puke: And Rob and his guys.

Playing together just once would be a sight.
  20. CowboysFanSince88

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    I never get that much sleep the night before a eagles/cowboys game.

I;m so ready for this game.