1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The pro bowl: it deserves respect

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by BigDGarciaFan, Jan 18, 2014.

1. BigDGarciaFan

BigDGarciaFan Member

264 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    For years at the end of the season, there's an all star game featuring the best from the league; the pro bowl. Lately, it gets mixed reactions. Some people say the game is a waste of time, it doesn't count as a true statistical game, the game rules bore fans. For those who say those things, they're wrong. The pro bowl is bout.....football because is ...... football. I know is just a meaningless cause nothing is a Stake. Its bout seeing your favorite team's superstars, its an end of season event for those which favorite teams r eiminated from super bowl contention. Please, give it respect, treat it as if it is the super bowl.
  2. xvendettax914

xvendettax914 Active Member

170 Messages
    73 Likes Received
  3. Christiann

Christiann Active Member

532 Messages
    34 Likes Received
  4. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,129 Messages
    662 Likes Received
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,760 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    No, I won't give it respect. It isn't a good game and it never will be. I'm okay with that because there are good reasons as to why it isn't a good game. For example, football is a more complex team sport than baseball or basketball, so you can't just throw guys together and expect them to perform at a high level. I will say the only plus for the NFL Pro-Bowl is that the players are based on more than half of a season. All-stars in MLB and NBA are basically awarded for just under a half a season's worth of work. The Pro-Bowl voting isn't that great anyway. Every season some deserving players don't make it and some undeserving ones do. There just isn't enough to respect there.
  6. barney

barney Active Member

243 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    :)
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    it gets no respect because it deserves no respect

Just like Lindsey Lohan
  8. BigDGarciaFan

BigDGarciaFan Member

264 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Regardless : its a fun game to watch, cause the stars of the NFL r participating including witten. So let all the world know, sit back with a cup of coca cola next week and check out some great football. And stop being picky
  9. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,182 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    I cant believe people actually expect there to be real football game going on. It's not about that. It's about the best players in the NFL having a vacation in Hawaii. Don't like it? Dont watch.
  10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,760 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    I agree. I don't go out of my way to complain about it. I just have no reason to go out of my way to "respect" it, either. It is what it is. It is not a great football game. It is a great gathering of football talent.
  11. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,659 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    I'd rather watch a high school football game.

And I have never watched a high school football game before. But I figure the players in highschool at least care about winning or losing, and take it seriously.
    Don't see anything to respect about the game, it's a joke, and there's a reason why they keep changing it up every year now, and a reason why it'll most likely not be around for many more years. The voting process is more or less a popularity contest, making it more or less meaningless who gets in or not. It's not "The best players" its the "most popular players". There's more at stake in a game of Madden.

I don't tend to complain about it, because I don't watch it. I don't rag on people who enjoy it either, to each their own. But I certainly don't have to respect or treat it like it's worth anybodies time. It's certainly no Super Bowl.
  12. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,270 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    It's a goofy game with nfl stars goofing off while on vacation.