1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Proof Is In The Pudding: There Never Was Any Stripping of PlayCalling!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,797 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
  2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,554 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    I believe I was promised pudding in this thread...
  3. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,605 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    The proof of the pudding is in its eating.
  4. Doomsay

5,605 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    Where did you hear that?
  5. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,035 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    Ok, after all that bickering.....

I still want someone else calling the plays. :D

I think that Jason Garrett can be a successful head coach if he let's go of calling plays.
  6. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

4,864 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...n-garrett-to-grow-was-to-leave-cowboys-1.html

7. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,264 Messages
    1,273 Likes Received
    It is much more easy to just link the quotes and actions of Jerry and Jason and form an opinion. It is not really an opinion when you can see what happened by the results. Jerry went on a rampage and made changes. Now they are giving the impression that Jason had something to with the changes to save face. This is not hard to see.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,797 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    Is "proof" the little chewy parts mixed into tapioca?
  9. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

7,671 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    I'm for one am tired of all the crap about the play calling. Who will it be, will Garrett still call the plays. Is it Jerry's choice that it changes, was it's Garrett's....who freaking cares at this point.

does it really make a difference at this point. What are the players saying about it, are they concerned....no they are not.

I'll just wait and see what transpires on the field in TC, then I may or may not have an opinion.

All I care is that they score more points and be productive and consistent.
    They will come up with agame plan, and let Ms. Price call the plays...we know she's loud enough...:laugh1:
  10. Doomsay

5,605 Messages
    690 Likes Received
  11. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

4,864 Messages
    99 Likes Received

I agree, but Jason said it himself that John wasn't going to get a chance to call plays here in Dallas and that wasn't what John was looking for in his venture to go up in the coaching ladder.
  12. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,180 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    No it isn't.

If a coach is under contract a team must give permission for him to take the same level job elsewhere.

No permission = blocked.
  13. Doomsay

5,605 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    Where is the evidenceve that John was or was not granted permission to interview with another team over the past two years?
  14. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,369 Messages
    778 Likes Received
    Exactly. I would also add that many people responding to this are unaware that Spagnola's article was mostly a transcript of what Jones actually said at the combine.

I get saying that Spagnola is a paid kool aid stirrer and some things need to be taken with a a grain of salt. At the same time, a transcript is pretty much the definition of objective reporting.

I also find it interesting that what Jerry said over a month ago is pretty much the same thing that Garrett was saying in his presser a couple of says ago. Specifically:

Now I have no doubt that the general manager is pushing for some changes but I really wish people would stop filling in the gaps when they don't know. I really wish at a certain point that people would be fine with admitting that they do not know.

John Garrett is case in point here. What we know is that John Garrett left the Dallas Cowboys as TE coach to teach the Miami Dolphins WR. Anything else is just guess work.

I can accept that Jason Garrett was uncomfortable with the topic because when he was talked about it he was breaking eye contact, waving back and forth a the podium and fidgeting. That speaks of agitation pretty clearly.

I can even accept that the Garrett's as a family are close and it is doubtful that he canned his brother outright. OTOH, I cannot accept the leap from there that it was Jones that forced him out as fact.

For example, I can come up with a whole ton of other scenarios first and foremost that John wanted to leave. Maybe Jason actually did want him replaced. Maybe John wasn't getting along with some of the other coaches or Witten or anything else. While the Jones as idiot makes for good copy for McMahon and Mosely, that does not make it certain. It's possible but not certain.

This is what people talk about when it comes to confirmation bias and agendas.

It's okay to say you don't know.
  15. blindzebra

9,180 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    It is in the freaking quote you responded to.:rolleyes:
  16. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,445 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    What is certain is the results over the last sixteen years.

I'll let you do the extrapolation on the one common denominator during that era.

It is not Rowdy or the skirt that drill sergeants the cheerleaders.
  17. Doomsay

5,605 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    No it isn't.
  18. blindzebra

9,180 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    “Johnny had some opportunities to leave here in the last couple of years, and we kept him here,” Jason Garrett said.
  19. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,702 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    Thats too obvious so somebody must have made it up. Its a lie.:lmao2:

Now, whats way more believable is that Jerry forced Jason to fire his brother. :banghead:
  20. Doomsay

5,605 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    Finish the passage: “We made it worth his while to stay here."

He was given extra incentive to stay, nowhere does is it stated that he was denied permission to talk to other teams. There is a difference.Sounds like John did a good job extracting extra cash and or latitude over the last two years, good for him.