1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Proof Is In The Pudding: There Never Was Any Stripping of PlayCalling!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Feb 16, 2013.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,160 Messages
    1,491 Likes Received
    In all of this is it even plausible that he had other opportunities? You know, based on the fact that Jason said he did? And why else would they make it worth his while to stay if he had no where else to go?

Your hole is getting bigger and deeper :lmao2:
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,393 Messages
    382 Likes Received

You were buried some time ago.

Even Red J and Jerruh must realize how transparent the hypocrisy has become.

Simply because the disfunctional state of Dallas Cowboys leadership is recognized on a National and Local level from the Fans to the Players, to the Front Office and other media outlets whenever and where ever there is organized football.

This is nothing but fertilize for the daisies....pretty little things.
  3. WPBCowboysFan

5,160 Messages
    1,491 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  4. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,653 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    Not sure what the laughie guy predilection is all about, I suspect it's a substitute for conclusiveness. Nobody is questioning whether John had any actual or implied indication of interest from other teams, Jason made that obvious in his statement.

However, nowhere was it stated that he had to be kept away from another team so desperate for his services via contractual enforcement, they might have done so..... or they might have made him happy with presumably greater compensation instead, as Jason intimated. For someone so hidebound on following strict literal interpretation of HO communications, this should be self-evident to you.

It did seem that people were confusing John with Joe D, who I think was denied an opportunity to interview with Oakland last year in a similar lateral hire scenario.
  5. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,216 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    This is beyond funny.

Why does it make a difference?

You concede other teams had interest.

You concede we kept him.

We know they gave him a title.

So why get all butt hurt about whether we strong armed him staying or bought him? It does not change the fact that we did not hate the job he was doing or that Jerry forced the move.

What it shows is exactly what Jason said, it allowed him a chance to advance beyond where he could here. It also allowed us to continue to grow Wes Phillips.
  6. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,322 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    You can really tell who read the article by the posts they leave.

I'm guessing its the length of the article that scared them off.

And that's why the snippets are so effective.

People are just intellectually lazy and would rather parrot whats been spoon fed to them.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,704 Messages
    2,448 Likes Received
    Ironic post because that's what the "this was all Jason's doing" crew are doing.

The team said it, so it must be true. No examination of the evidence necessary.
  8. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,653 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    More like humored at the literalist hypocrisy.
  9. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,765 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    I'm curious about something. The linked article has a transcript of everything Jerry said that lead to all the articles about how he cut the legs out from under Jason, stripped him of play calling duties, etc. Yet when I read it all as a whole, it doesn't read at all like that to me. So what evidence are you referring to?
  10. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    they have no evidence only their opinion based off edited quotes and debunked myths, and sensationalism masquerading as journalism.....
  11. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,334 Messages
    511 Likes Received

He didn't read the transcript. Plain and simple.
  12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,704 Messages
    2,448 Likes Received
    That was most definitely not everything he said leading to all those articles being written. That was just a transcript of a Mickeroo interview at the Senior Bowl several weeks after the season ended.

What about Jason saying the day after the season ended that he anticipated remaining the playcaller and citing how well Tony had done in this system, then the next day (or very few days later, whichever) changing that to not caring if he called the plays? Which coincidentally happened right after Jerry gave his famous "there will be changes and people will be uncomfortable" radio interview?

What about Jason's brother suddenly being sent packing?

What about Troy Aikman, one of Garrett's best friends, saying he was surprised at the moves and didn't think the outgoing coaches were the problem?

What about Kiffin's reply when asked who first contacted him that it was Jerry and Stephen... Before claiming a few sentences later that Jason called him, too?

I could even mention Werder's very definitive claim that he called around after Garrett's PC and confirmed that these changes were all Jerry. But I know most will claim Werder is just being the eeeevil media who hates Garrett. :rolleyes: What they probably don't realize is that Werder was a raving Garrett fan a couple of years go. (To his credit, he's moderated that a lot the last year and a half or so as the evidence doesn't support Garrett being a very good coach. Most, like many in this thread, are so dug in on their opinions they refuse to acknowledge such evidence.)

Again, some people (not saying you) are arguing with me just because they know I don't like Garrett the way they do. In this particular case, I don't see what that has to do with anything. If one impartially looks at the timeline, it's pretty clear to me these moves weren't all Garrett. I'm glad Jerry made them, because we needed a change.
  13. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,726 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    I don't see the proof or the puddin
  14. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Stripping the playcalling is just rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

Wake me up when this buffoon leaves for good.
  15. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,334 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    I'm sure you don't care but JG has always been open to giving up the play calling duties...he even said it in Jan. 2012.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...on-garrett-willing-give-play-calling-not-2012

I think Callahan said it best in his interview recently. (I'm paraphrasing) Too much emphasis is being put on who actually is calling the plays, it doesn't really matter. They game plan as an entire staff and it's no different from any other team in the NFL. Everyone on the staff is aware of what plays will be called on any down and distance because of the collaborative effort of the game planning.

The earlier comment about a the running game coordinator/OL coach not attending the passing game meetings is ridiculous and proves the point how easily some people can be convinced of fantasies. Callahan not only said the contrary but he also cited examples of addressing the entire offensive unit in meetings.
  16. WPBCowboysFan

5,160 Messages
    1,491 Likes Received

Both of you are exactly right!

However,

Here's the problem: It makes no difference if any of these guys actually read the transcript. It means nothing that we actually have the words of Jerry and Jason to read or listen to. The evidence means nothing. It doesnt fit what they want it to be - therefore - Jerry and Jason have just made it all up as a smokescreen and the mediots ill conceived foolishness is the truth!

And when you question them on it, they just evade and then say something like, "well you have no proof that any other teams were desperately trying to get John Garrett" therefore, the facts and anything else that kills the fantasy must not be valid.

When you live in a fantasy world devoid of all reality, reason, and logic, you believe what you want to believe and ignore anything that doesnt fit your fantasy at that particular moment.
  17. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,765 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    I would disagree at least with one part, Mickey even states in the article exactly what it was. He was transcribing the interview Jerry gave at the senior bowl to several members of the media. It wasn't a one on one interview.

Direct from the linked article:

"So it occurred to me, unless you had an opportunity to listen to every bit of Jones’ interview from Mobile, Ala., that started this rage, you had to rely on the bits and pieces – sound bites and transcribed quotes – from the messengers (emphasis mine). That’s what shaped your opinion."

I do not recall any articles saying Jones had stripped playcalling until AFTER this interview (possible I missed them). I do recall some that speculated that may be part of the "uncomfortable" thing. But there I think some even speculating it meant Jones was going to fire Garrett.
  18. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,858 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    There is a precise recount and then there is CL's 'recollection.'

I am arguing with you because you present a horrible case for your position. It's hilarious, you bring up something that was said before and characterize it. Bluestang follows up with a January Garrett interview that paints the opposite.

Precision vs the CL way. Accuracy vs regurgitating the DFW radio narrative.
  19. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,858 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    Hereis the quote of what Garrett said ~13 months ago.