1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The "New I-pad' or the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CliffnMesquite, Dec 15, 2012.

1. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Active Member

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Wanting a new tablet, Thoughts...
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,840 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    I don't own any of these, but I do know that the Nexus 10 is something else to consider.
  3. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,538 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'd go nexus 10. Cheaper than those 2, better resolution than the 3rd and 4th gen ipads, stock android (meaning fastest possible updates straight from google)
  4. Aussie Cowboy

Aussie Cowboy Member

93 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    My understanding is with the release of Jelly Bean (4.2) android is really coming into it's own and a better option than IOS. I've got an old clunker still running on gingerbread so I am not qualified to speak from first hand experience.
  5. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

887 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Absolutely.

But if it doesn't have to be an android tablet, Acer W510 is worth checking out. Here we are talking a Windows 8 X86 tablet, so it will be fully compatible with the typical stuff people run on a PC or laptop.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Iconia-W...355592722&sr=1-1&keywords=w510#productDetails
  6. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,224 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    You are more likely to keep using your iPad once you get it than any other device:

Source

So if you want something that you and the family will use, get the iPad. If you want a hypothetically superior device that will collect dust, get something else.
  7. the kid 05

9,538 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    very well written biased story. It all comes down to the user. I bought a 3rd gen ipad the day it was released.

Loved it. Screen was amazing. Battery lasted what seemed forever.

Did not like the fact i had to reinvest in my apps I already owned. I had to use the stale OS look of iOS and couldn't change anything about it.

I ended up taking it back after 3 weeks.
  8. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The app selection and the screen format are what sold me on an iPad last March. I switched from an Android tablet (Asus Transformer) and haven't regretted it for a second.
  9. CliffnMesquite

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I shall look in to the Nexus 10. I am really enjoying my new S3.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,235 Messages
    1,971 Likes Received
    Why would you have to do that?
  11. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,818 Messages
    1,430 Likes Received
    As EE that specializes in microcontrollers, I will pretty much never ever purchase Apple products. Manufacturing practices, QC, pricing relative to performance, their patent applications and the East Texas judges that allow it, compatibility and licensing policies, and the typical insipid style over substance of the Apple fanboys just turn me off to that company.

At a recent Apple convention the most focused topic was that the icons for Lion and iOS looked too old fashioned and real. Wood borders were not as avante garde as the new Windows 8 UI art style apparently. Bunch of pretentious pukes.
  12. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I have the Nexus 7 and I absolutely love it. Even more so since the 4.2 upgrade.
  13. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,877 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Same here.

I didn't think I'd use my Nexus 7 as much as I do but it's become my go to device for surfing the web, reading, and playing games in bed.
  14. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

685 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    iPad guy here. Bought the last version 1 month ago. Haven't used any Android based tablet but I am sure both are equally good. You can't go wrong.

My only suggestion is if you are undecided, go with the one that uses the same OS with your phone. It will make it easier for you.
  15. the kid 05

9,538 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    99.99% of apps i've purchased for devices are on android and developers wont let you transfer licenses due to piracy and such concerns
  16. CliffnMesquite

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I just got a galaxy SIII phone. I'm looking at the Android tablets.
  17. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Nexus 7 or 10.

I would get the 7 if I didn't already have an Asus TF700 tabby.
  18. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,129 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    For the money. The ipad. Any ipad.
  19. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,721 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    For a full-size tablet, this isn't really a question.

For a 7" tablet, depends on if you want to spend less than $320.
  20. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,457 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    I have both platforms. And ill say Android is far superior. Apple is smooth and reliable but its not customizable for the user. Thats androids biggest win over apple IMO. Ill take user experience over anything apple has anyday.