1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The "Other" DBs In This Draft Thread Vol. 2nd-4th rounds

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheCoolFan, Mar 1, 2011.

1. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,098 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    No PP, Prince, Jimmy Smith, Brandon Harris.

I'm keeping an eye on:

Ras-I-Dowling - great size, ran a 4.46 with a bad hammy, could play the FS position if it doesn't work out at CB. There is also the Virginia connection, which we know the Cowboys love to go to due to John Garrett.

Aaron Williams - He was the most impressive Texas CB over the last two years IMO (more than the two Browns). Might fit as a safety in the NFL though. He's got great size, 5'11" 204

Curtis Brown - He's been impressive at the Senior Bowl and now at the combine.

Jalil Brown - Impressed at the Senior Bowl, great size

Any others you like?
  2. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think the Cowboys showed interest in the other CB from Miami - can't remember his name. but he's a mid-round type pick. ran a blistering 40 as well.

EDIT: Van Dyke
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,066 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    Where'd you see 4.46 for Dowling? I read that he ran a 4.4 flat and pulled up at the end.

Living here in Virginia I'm a fan Dowling. The guy can tackle. His injuries kind of piled up because he wasn't able to ever get them fully healed before trying to get back on the field his senior season. Otherwise he had a good underclass campaign as a FR, SO, and JR.

He also just broke his ankle in November. He's big and tall, too, and could definitely play FS with his tackling ability.

He really needs to just relax the rest of the spring, and get healthy. He's never really had a chance to just rest his injuries and get healthy.
  4. casmith07

27,066 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    Oh - one more thing I like about Dowling -- he returned to UVA for his senior season because he wanted to graduate.
  5. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Cowboys should be looking at guys like Curtis Marsh, Aaron Williams, Jimmy Smith, Curtis Brown, and Jalil Brown to name a few.
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,098 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    ^^I got it from the NFL.com Combine's Top Performers section. Yeah he slowed down after hurting the hammy while running it otherwise he would have gotten into the 4.3 and maybe even 4.2 range
  7. casmith07

27,066 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    It would have likely been a low 4.3 or possibly high 4.2.

I really like Dowling. He just needs to rest up.