1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The "Zone" And The Draft

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,408 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    I have been thinking this for a while now. It is totally amazing to me the vast amount of useful knowledge is brought to this forum, especially as it pertains to the draft. Every year I hear guys bring up players on this forum no one has ever heard of way ahead of the media, or even the combine who they are pimping as their pet cats who turn out to be major contributors for the teams that draft them.

You have guys here who seem to know the salary cap better than some NFL teams do. It is really amazing.

I know that there are a lot of mindless posts made here that tend to wear on you after a while, but this place is really great to find out not only all things Cowboys related, but league wide.

Also, as a side note, I also notice that even posters who are viewed as pessimistic as a whole, seem to be much more chipper during this time period leading up to the draft. Then, inevitably, minds seem to differ again. :)
  2. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,794 Messages
    1,567 Likes Received
    The draft is all about optimism and looking forward so many fans gets excited about it. Well, at least before the draft they do. Some become disappointed with the players chosen, that we did not trade all our picks for one superstar that will likely disappoint or that we did not trade down to get even more players that will not make the roster. Overall though, the draft gives everyone a glimpse of the future of the team and a little hope for next season.

/reality