1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Quotes Thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Sam I Am, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Post famous quotes or just interesting quotes. If you can list who said it and where it's from.

The reason for starting this is because many quotes are quite powerful in their affect. Even if it's only laughter that it evokes.

I will start with a recent one.

2. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    "a gun rack, a gun rack....I dont even own A gun let alone many guns to neccesitate an entire rack...What am I going to do with a gun rack?"

[IMG]
  3. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth."

-- Lou Gehrig

[IMG]
  4. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life."

-- Dwight K. Schrute

[IMG]
  5. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "A Man that will go along with 5 killings is taking his leaving a little slow" - Gus McCrae

[IMG]
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Who farted?" -- Eleanor Roosevelt

[IMG]
  7. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,356 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    "A man who does not read good books has no advantage over a man who cannot read." --Mark Twain

[IMG]
  8. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Trying is the first step toward failure" -- Homer Simpson

[IMG]
  9. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Mmmmmm beer

Mmmmmm donuts

[IMG]

Just when I thought I was out.....They PULL me back in

[IMG]

I like big butts and I can not lie

[IMG]

The two yuts

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "It is better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" -- Abraham Lincoln
  11. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    "There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" -- Fletcher

[IMG]
  12. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    +1. That man was the epitome of class.

Speaking of Homer.

:laugh2:
  13. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Active Member

2,390 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    One of my favs

I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
    Delicious Ambiguity.
    — Gilda Radner

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
    — Douglas Adams

None shall pass!
    — The Black Knight
  14. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. --James Neil Hollingworth AKA Ambrose Redmoon
  15. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

[IMG]
  16. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    "Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, and I'm going to be happy in it." - Groucho Marx

Hope is passion for what is possible. -Soren Kierkegaard

A lot of nerds aren't aware they're nerds. A geek has thrown his hands up to the universe and gone, "I speak Klingon — who am I fooling? You win! I'm just gonna openly like what I like." Geeks tend to be a little happier with themselves. - Patton Oswalt

Saving one animal won't change the world, but surely the world will change for that one animal. - Lots of animal advocates, including me

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi
  17. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    " I know you don't wanna know, but Im scratchin' and clawin' to get it done for you Clarence, for you and me and the rest of the team and who comes through my door but a Baltimore City police lookin' to get up in my **** about everything!" - Senator R. Clayton Davis.

[IMG]
  18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Anything worth being, is Bob Sacamano.

basically you could just quote anything I type.
  19. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "I likeded the scrip clubs."

-Adam "Pacman" Jones

[IMG]
  20. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As a general comment on baseball: "90% of the game is half mental."

On why he no longer went to Ruggeri's, a St. Louis restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

"It ain't over till it's over." In July 1973, when Berra's Mets trailed the Chicago Cubs by 9½ games in the National League East; the Mets rallied to win the division title on the penultimate day of the season.

When giving directions to Joe Garagiola to his New Jersey home, which is accessible by two routes: "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

On being the guest of honor at an awards banquet: "Thank you for making this day necessary."

"It's déjà vu all over again". Berra explained that this quote originated when he witnessed Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris repeatedly hit back to back home runs in the Yankees' seasons in the early 1960s.

"You can observe a lot by watching."

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours."

Responding to a question about remarks attributed to him that he did not
    think were his: "I really didn't say everything I said!"

-Yogi Berra

[IMG]