1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Sean Payton Bowl

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by tecolote, Dec 18, 2012.

1. dallas_112678

dallas_112678 New Member

368 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Payton is available, then you take him. Don't settle just because someone has done ok for the past couple of games. Sean Payton is hands down a better coach so you do everything you can to get him. Don't forget that keeping Garret means keeping his offensive play calling. He may have done better on that part over the last couple of games but we have seen so many more games where he makes absolutely stupid calls.

At the end of the day, Sean Payton would give us a much better chance of become a great time and it would be stupid to not try and get him just because of a couple good games.
  2. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,862 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    we are not a championship team. so lets just come out and say, that you want sean peyton. I am not sure sean would have done any better with what we have. the OL is a mess. there are 5 starters and then 4 of their back up out on defense. we lost murray for a good portion of the year. yet we are 8-6.

we saw what we can do with decent OL play and murray in the line up.
  3. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You obviously didn't read my post properly.

Demarco Murray played in the first five games of the season and they lost 3 of them. In two of those games, they got utterly destroyed, once by Seattle, the other by the Bears. They put up only 7 against Seattle. The Tampa Bay game, they only scored 16, when Tampa was playing absolutely horrendous ball. The Cowboys offense looked absolutely pathetic.

As far as the Eagles game, yes they suck and the fact that they took the lead, 17-14 in the 3rd is quite a telling factor to the 'coaching'. That was one of the worst displays of offensive coaching by Jason Garrett the whole year and took a miraculous drive by Romo and some TOs by the defense to score, for the Cowboys to win, with Nick Foles starting his first game. And Murray actually played that game.

Of course, game planning changed alot this last game, but that game planning has to do, not with Murray suddenly being inserted into the line-up or 'injuries', it had to do with a totally different type of play-calling, including a heavy dose of play-action which was pretty mouch non-existent the whole year even with Murray in the back-field. This is the whole point of the post, i.e. the fact that it took this long to do what was common sense for any decent coach would have done a long time ago suddenly is proof Garrett should stay?

The standards of fans has gone completely ridiculous...

In fact, I owuldn't be surprised if Callahan is actually putting his stamp more and more on this offense.
  4. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why are people blaiming Steelers fans? We had many Cowboys fans on this forum telling us that Romo no longer has the arm to throw the deep ball, some even saying he looks to be playing 'hurt'.
  5. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,378 Messages
    351 Likes Received
  6. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,378 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    That links to the Aints board, not the Stealers board. Just clarifying.
  7. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Not Steelers fans, Saints fans. I'm expected to believe that Brees has a stronger arm than Romo? Doubt it!
  8. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am a Saints fan and I would want to win this game because we never, ever, ever want to lose a game under any circumstance.

Besides, the draft spot is irrelevant. Payton's leverage doesn't matter. Payton wants to be with Mickey Loomis. That is the whole deal with the contract. He wants to work with a GM that is on the same page and works as a partner. Y'all know better than anyone that Jones while never give Payton the freedom he enjoys in New Orleans. Also, while Jerry is rich, so is Benson. Benson has already stated that he is going to make Payton the highest paid coach in the league.

This game has zero impact on the coaching situation. And more importantly, the Saints are still alive, albeit a tough row to hoe, but they are still alive for a spot in the playoffs.
  9. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nobody I know feels that way. Honestly.
  10. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So, you are Tank4Payton, huh? LOL!!!

You know, Hostile, I had a sneaking suspicion it might have been you. Come out and talk with us over there.
  11. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was tooo easy to identify, Hostile. You were butchered, right? You have to realize that Saints fans are a special breed. Good try, though.
  12. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    It was harmless. Besides, I have enough detractors I was sure someone would e-mail the site.
  13. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,789 Messages
    552 Likes Received
    I respect that, but two things.

1. Garrett has more control than people think, Jerry is not a dictator here, far from it.

2. You are not alive for the playoffs, Seattle already has 9 wins and either the stupid Redskins or Dallas are guaranteed 9 wins because they play each other. And the Saints can't get to 9.
  14. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yup. That was a sure giveaway. I nailed him for that immediately. LOL

But, it was still funny.
  15. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    I just did.
  16. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not talking about myself, but I don't think you realize how much the majority of Saints fans truly DESPISE the Cowboys.

The only other team they hate more is the Falcons.

Not sure where it came from but it may be from when Tex Schramm complained to the NFL about how Tom Dempsey's half a foot kicking shoe gave him an unfair advantage when he kicked that 63 yarder back in 1970.

I don't have a problem with Dallas, big Staubach and Don Meredith fan.

But I DO hate the Falclowns.

As far as their 6-8 record, they know they would not have that record if it weren't for the NFL's bounty witch hunt and the suspension of Sean Payton.
  17. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Redskins can win the division. The Giants are not guaranteed to reach nine wins. They would be the odd team out. The Saints would hold all tiebreakers at 8-8 beating the Cowboys if the Viking lose to GB and Houston.
  18. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cool. BTW, I'll be over here a lot through this week. It's going to be fun!
  19. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Wait till Sunday.
  20. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received