1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Stryker44, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    How has the growth curve for the Seahawks been so steep and the slide for the Cardinals so dramatic?

Arizona wins its first four games, including blitzings of the Seahawks and Patriots. Then loses its next 9. It makes no logical sense.

Then the Seahawks gamble on playing Russell Wilson over a proven warrior in Matt Flynn and they all of a sudden can beat the Cardinals 58-0 last week?

Is Seattle a real threat? What can be done to stop them?
  2. Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan] Active Member

638 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    and if things swing right for them, they could be playing SF in two weeks for the division. What team wants to go to Seattle week one of the playoffs?
  3. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Its just that their growth, coupled with the Cardinals regression, makes little to no sense.

Pete Carroll is soft but they are playing like anything but a soft team.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,910 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    Seattle is for real, imo. They could upgrade their WRs some, and maybe some other areas, but they are real solid.

So much of this league is momentum. It also helps to have a decent QB. Arizona has both of those things going fully against them right now. It's a bit like the Cowboys before Wade got axed. The team was not nearly that bad--recall they were getting stomped by so-so teams in the end--but they had thrown in the towel.
  5. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,174 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Seattle is unstoppable at home and they have a dominant running game
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,838 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    I said before the season that the Cards were a total mess. I expected them to be the worst team in the league. While there are a couple worse teams, I've (for once) been proven right about these guys.

There QB situation was doomed to fail. You can't win in the NFL with that kinda chaos at the most important position.
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,313 Messages
    1,208 Likes Received
    For the Cardinals it is easy. Their QB play has been horrible. They got by early in the season, but as opposing teams got more tape on them it was easy to come up with schemes to stop their atrocious QBs.

Since when was Matt Flynn a proven warrior? Having 132 pass attempts over 4 seasons coming into this year is not enough to prove anything.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Matt Flynn........proven warrior. :lmao2:
  9. Tricked

Tricked Fascinated

660 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The seattle-arizona game was disgusting to me... my opponent in my FFL had their defense and they alone got 40 points

:bang2:

They're unstoppable at home, I'll agree, but they're not un-beatable... any game in seattle I pick seattle to win, but any game outside seattle, to me is 75-25 percent lose-win.