1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Silent Mastermind behind all that's "Uncomfortable"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Frozen700, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    I really believe Stephen Jones is the one that's calling all/most of these shots.

He comes off as the type, that has no remorse or time for BS
  2. dezb88

dezb88 Member

165 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Seems to me that Stephen is NOT the type of guy who would fire his DC over the phone on vacation 2 weeks after the season ended because he just HAD to get a 73 year old college coach who just got fired after giving up 700 yards in a game.

And I like signing Kiffin.

But this is just all Jerry Jones.
  4. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Based on what?

Daddy is still large and in charge anyone that doubts it hasn't been paying attention.
  5. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,562 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    You could be on to something..
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,642 Messages
    1,477 Likes Received
    I believe you are wrong. At this point, this has Jerry written all over it.
  7. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  8. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Even though I don't agree with the OP about Stephen Jones, I do agree with this post.

Could be all in my head, but there definitely seems to be something going on. We don't hear a whole lot of 'Garrett is 100% going to be the head coach next year and we have confidence in him.' All we hear is uncertainty and many very confusing coaching decisions. It does kind of have a 'meeting Bill Parcells while Campo is employed' type of feel to it.

I can't tell if that's just wishful thinking on my part or real, though.
  9. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,765 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Little Stephen got the RB coach fired, Daddy is handling the rest.
  10. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,167 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received
    I think Jerry and Stephen have been thinking about doing this for a while.
  11. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,500 Messages
    675 Likes Received
  12. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    This is true. Combined with all the talk about Gruden being interested in returning to the NFL, but not being linked to any NFL teams but ours, there's certainly good reason for people to suspicious.
  13. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    based on what?

your opinion?
  14. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    :bow:
  15. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    There's no doubt that all kinds of things are going on behind the scenes. Galloway said Stretch Smith on 103 was the first to mention Kiffin, and he did it even before Rob was fired. So he knows something. He's also been saying the last couple days saying that you can book changes on the offensive side with a new playcaller pretty much a done deal. Makes me wonder if he's been talking to Lacewell, because he's been calling for a change back to the 43 for weeks now. He is part of that old OU crew that came in with Barry.

But he's also said he thinks Garrett has done ok on offense. That's one reason besides the family portrait that I doubt Jerry really wants Garrett to quit. But who knows.
  16. dcowboysfan76

dcowboysfan76 Well-Known Member

1,037 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    It's funny you said this, because I was about to start a thread stating that it seems as if Jerry is about steal the headlines and put focus on the Cowboys instead of the playoffs......
  17. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    Smith has done a pretty good job but I don't really like how Galloway baits him into his personal agendas.

He did it with Broaddus when Broaddus was the ESPN scout and it really made it a one dimensional show. Smith has been able to cut through Galloway's nonsense and provide good info.

I think Jerry has full confidence in the HC Jason Garrett but doesn't like what the results have been under OC Jason Garrett. Nothing wrong with that when you evaluate how the last few season under him have been.
  18. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well I still think this is a smoke screen by Jerry to get attention away from our real problems and get some headlines. He knows the fans were down on our future, so now he is trying to sell us on change....does he think he is running for office or something.

I don't believe the hype. Sure we switch to the 4-3, but basically its the same players and we still need the same upgrades. The misdirection doesn't work for me, and it shouldn't for anyone else, don't let the trees block you from seeing the forest.
  19. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

Based on daddy telling us that.
  20. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seriously, speculate all you want. But Jones has said he's in charge Of everything from jocks to socks. To my knowledge he hasn't told us anything different.