1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Skins Are Dead Celebration Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    I am mocking them and mocking a draft.

Bad pun I know.

Think about this though, the last time the Skins won a Super Bowl they followed the Giants and we won 3 of the next 4. Deja vu where are you?

Who cares, I hate that team.

Okay, so we don't have a 7th round pick for the Ryan Cook trade. I am posting our current draft numbers.

18. Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama, 6'3", 320. Tomorrow is the college game of the year. Jesse Williams wears #54 for the Crimson Tide. Watch him closely tomorrow. He is a monster. He bench presses 600 pounds. He will regularly engage two blockers in the middle allowing the Ends and OLBs to shoot gaps to the football. We need a NT. He's a day 1 starter even if we keep Ratliff because they would move Rat to DE.

47. Margus Hunt, DE, SMU, 6'8", 280. I may regret not going OL in the first 2 rounds but I take a gamble on this kid. Truth be told I'd like to trade back up tot he top of the 2nd for Barrett Jones or Eric Reid. I'd love to trade down out of the first to the top of the 2nd and top of the 3rd or maybe another 2nd. This draft has OL and DL talent and I want to mine it and I happen to think this kid is a potential gold mine in the JJ Watt physical freak kind of mold.

80. Dallas Thomas, OT, Tennessee, 6'5", 310. I start him at RT from day 1. This kid has the right name and the right game. I want a RG in FA. I want a RT in this draft. I want Free to be free to take his game somewhere else.

111. Khaled Holmes, C, USC, 6'3", 305. In my not so humble opinion Khaled could start at Center for us day 1. I saw this kid play live and I loved what I saw. He's meaner than rattlesnake piss. We need that at C.

144. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon, 5'11", 192. I want a RB who can be dangerous int he return game. I want a RB who can spell Murray and not make me wish he was faster. Is a very good receiver out of the backfield and when he turns on the speed he is gone.

175. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU, 5'9", 178. I roll the dice. If he misses, it was only a 6th round pick. He is currently rated #199 by the way. If he hits, we improved on Jenkins because this kid loves to hit. He can play special teams. He can make a difference. To me, especially if the humble kid I saw in the interview is real, this kid is a steal.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,477 Messages
    8,379 Likes Received
    The only thing I question is Thomas, Holmes and Barner being there at those spots. But I'd sign off on that class right now and be quite content.

I'd probably be having a panic attack with no OL in the first two rounds but if you end up with Thomas and Holmes later your gamble will have paid off.
  3. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    You have much more faith in our safeties than I do. Unless of course your plans would be to address that via FA or trade.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received

I would love to get these 3 players even if it required drafting them a round earlier.

80. Dallas Thomas - Can play OT or OG
    111. Khaled Holmes - Can play OC or OG
    144. Kenjon Barner

5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,477 Messages
    8,379 Likes Received
    He addressed that through Williams and Hunt in the first two rounds. The maturation of Crawford, getting Carter and Lee back, Ware at full strength and maybe Church and ~gulp~ Matt Johnson can make a difference.
  6. fishspill

fishspill Active Member

997 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    I have a feeling the Margus cat will be out of the bag in the next two weeks with the Senior Bowl. By the time the draft comes around he'll cost us #18, if he even gets to us. But for now we can dream of a William-Hunt 1-2 draft.
  7. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I don't think those OL are falling that far either. Maybe Holmes, but no way on Thomas. In fact, he could rise into one.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    This is from CBS Sports draft rankings by the way. So if you question their spots, not mine. Just going with a site that has some rankings.
  9. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

I understand where you're coming from but you can't put just anybody back there no matter how good your front seven is. The safety position is infinitely more important than it was 20 years ago and I don't care to see Sensebaugh on the field for another snap. If Johnson doesn't work out, we need a serious upgrade there.
  10. fishspill

fishspill Active Member

997 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    It's the best way to do it. Just adding a couple pennies I had.
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,716 Messages
    1,812 Likes Received
    Holmes Barner Mathieu wont be there at them spots. Hunt and Thomas picks make the most sense.
  12. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,934 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Outstanding mock.

I am not sure if Thomas lasts until the third, but it's certainly not out of the question.

I can see Holmes being available in the fourth unless the Packers or some other team needing a center don't get Jones or maybe Frederick.

Honey badger is a great risk to take in the sixth, doesn't fit JG's character profile but sometimes you need a little thug on your roster.
  13. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

855 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    This might be a homer mock.. :jackpot:I love ever last pick but this is a dream draft.
  14. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,028 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    6.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and 7 QB hurries in Williams' JR and SR seasons combined. I understand he's a load and damn near impossible to move, but I personally need more play making ability out of the #18 pick. Is he even an every down lineman in the NFL? He seems like more of the type of NT that you take out in nickle pass rush situations. Would be happy if we traded down and got him, but 18 is too high for the type of player he is.
  15. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Re: your sig. Collin Klein is not NFL material.
  16. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

855 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    So was Tony Romo when he was coming out of college, that is why he went undrafted. Whats you point ?
  17. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to crush your dreams.
  18. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

855 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    You dont see my on here riding Collin Klein to be drafted.. At the time I use this guy as my sig he was playing some pretty dam good ball. So why even bring it up???? I still think this guy can play at the NFL level if he is given the time to develop.

The whole purpose and logic of the Collin Klien 2013 sig was just to say we need a qb in 2013.
  19. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,648 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    This would be an excellent draft, we need to address both lines and this would work.
  20. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Excellent mock. Would take that right now.

I agree with needing a runner who can help in the return game and also spell Murrary when needed.