1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The smoke is thick - Cowboys want Barron

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Apr 3, 2012.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,190 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Dane Bruglar, whoever he is.. Is reporting that the cowboys are heavily leaning towards Barron.

Who will we want tomorrow?
  2. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,374 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    :enough:
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I think Dallas wants Kirkpatrick and Barron the most.

Dallas wants to fix this secondary and Garrett was at the Bama proday to watch them both.

If Dallas can some how trade back and get Barron and then trade up and get Kirkpatrick, then I think Jerry will be happy.

Jenkins is gone after this year and Ryan likes bigger more physical CBs that don't stay injuried. Dallas can package Jenkins with the added pick they get from trading back to move back into the 1st to land Kirkpatrick.

Kirkpatrick and Barron in the 1st then go OL and DL the rest of the draft.
    Then if Rambo enters the supplemental draft take him in the 2nd round of the supplemental draft in July.
    Kirkpatrick also play left CB in college.

Secondary of the future will be
    Kirkpatrick
    Carr
    Scabdrick
    Rambo
    Barron
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,810 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Disinformation is being spread on a daily basis just like last year. Remember their love for Costanzo? Remember two years ago they didnt love Dez? It has to be defensive front seven.
  5. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,122 Messages
    218 Likes Received

Jenkins is not gone after this year by a longshot. He may resign for about 50 million.
  6. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,251 Messages
    112 Likes Received

So, you are going to pay, 3 corners, starters money?
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    No one will trade for Jenkins until he can pass a physcial and that won't happen until Aug.

No way Garrett drafts Rambo. How many drug issues has he had. Kirkpatrick has Saban vouching for him who Garrett respects. Who at Georgia has that connection to Garrett.

1st - Barron
    2nd - Lewis
    3rd - Blake
    4th - Broyles
  8. CowboysLaw87

CowboysLaw87 Active Member

592 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    I think people have to start adjusting what they consider "starter" money. These days 5M/year is low level starter money for guys who are on their 2nd contracts... and 3rd (slot) corners are de facto starters.
  9. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,251 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    I would agree, but you can not pay 3 guys at one position, the money needs to be spread around. And considering Jenkins was lying on the ground for about 3/4ths of the plays he played, do you really want to pay him that much?
  10. CowboysLaw87

CowboysLaw87 Active Member

592 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    I'm not sure, and neither is our front office I'm sure. We'll have to wait and see how his season plays out. The way I see it, we have 2 pretty solid, important players on our D that are in the last year of their deals (Spencer and Jenkins). That 1st round pick probably should go towards an OLB or CB to ensure a suitable replacement for one of them so that we have greater flexibility next March. In the meantime, we can be elite at either position.

For instance: Carr, Jenkins, Scandrick, Kirkpatrick at corner this year is phenomenal. Then, if Jenkins plays poorly or plays himself out of our price range ala Robinson this year, we have a great replacement in Kirkpatrick and we can focus FA money elsewhere. It's what the good teams do.
  11. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,864 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    Here is the tweet

12. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,190 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Oh snap! He tweeted it too?!?

He sent me a text message informing me

;)
  13. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,450 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    So, I know that Brugler is an analyst for CBS, but is he a reliable source on these matters?
  14. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    no way, I don't see it. Not for 50 million. He would have to have a pro bowl year and not miss any time due to injury.
  15. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    This is the only drug related issue Rambo has ever had. He wasn't even arrested, he failed a drug test. Kirkpatrick was arrested. Also do you really think Dez or any other current Cowboys has never smoked weed.
  16. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,037 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    I don't think this is smoke. With the emphasis this offseason on improving the pass defense and Garrett also attending Alabama pro day, i think it's likely their preference is either Barron or Kilpatrick.
  17. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,303 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Barron .... The word on the street is he is more of an in the box safety that can cover a little. If we were gonna go that route we should have just kept RW #28 if that is the case.
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,086 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    I predict there will be at least 5 more sure Boys 1st rd picks by the mediots
  19. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I don't think we ever had a RW #28. I do remember a RW31.

Williams was a pure box safety, he couldn't even read routes and jump passing lanes. Barron is a great zone cover safety. He is very smart, knows where to put the defense in position and can read routes and jump the route for the ball.

If we draft Barron then we need to find a free roaming man cover FS like Woodson was. I think Rambo is that type of player in the supplemental draft this year if he comes out or next years draft Rambo or McDonald.
  20. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,971 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    We'll see if his body holds up. Already gonna miss some work due to the shoulder injury which BTW, seems to be more serious than we know. I think the cowboys have a real concern with Jenkins. JMO, of course.