1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Top 100 Players of 2013

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Sean50Lee, May 2, 2013.

1. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

571 Messages
    87 Likes Received
  2. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,413 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    Yea I'm enjoying it too, but I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been any Cowboys revealed yet and they're already down to 50. Ware will probably be the only one to make it.
  3. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    If Witten isn't on the list at all, after breaking the single season reception by a TE record, then that is just ridiculous. I mean he could've at least been in the 90's or 80's!
  4. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,865 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Can't believe I just saw Cam Newton on this list, ridiculous.
  5. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,729 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    Lol cam is better than romo LOL . 50% completions 19tds . Not even close . What they don't tell you is only about 35 players vote for this top 100 . What a silly idea .
  6. Romonater

Romonater Active Member

153 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Newton is on this list, but Tony Romo isn't? Yeah, ok.
  7. RastaRocket

5,865 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    OK at least Witten came in higher than last season. I can respect that, he had a great year.
  8. ringmaster

ringmaster Active Member

1,714 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I for once actually saw the Witten video and it seems that Jordan Babbineaux, was giving him backhanded compliments about his play.

Anybody who says that Witten is overrated is a phucking idiot and is not worth talking to about football period on NFL.com they actually had these d***heads voting and calling him overrated.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,614 Messages
    2,005 Likes Received
    I wont go into detail, but when playerS do the ratings, guys like Cam and Mike Vick always get pushed way up unless it is impossible to do.
    It's a comradery thing.
    I love Wilson, for example, but after one season the player ranking already has him ranked 51st overall in the whole league. He's popular.
    Romo did not even make the top 100.
  10. DFWJC

22,614 Messages
    2,005 Likes Received
    Oh yeah, and this ranking is not for past performance...yet Eli, coming off a vet JAG season, is ranked in the top 45 players in the league?

Oh well

I think they have 14 QBs ahead of the Cowboy QB..yikes
  11. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

571 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Forget the ranking system it's clearly flawed, I just love watching guy like Jason Witten, Wes Welker, Luke Kuechly and Tony Gonzalez do they're craft.
  12. DFWJC

22,614 Messages
    2,005 Likes Received
    Here was argument for Eli.
    "Captain Clutch"
    "nobody brings you back better in the 4th"

The they say, "since 2007, no QB EXCEPT TONY ROMO, had more 4th qtr comeback wins than Eli" :lmao:
    Allof this clutch talk yet Using 4th comeback wins as proof, yet Romo has the same number of comeback wins, had better stats otherwise...but Romo not in the top 100 and Eli is 43rd.
    Wow

Oh well. All in good fun

FWIW, ALL of the hosts and guests thought Romo should easily be on this list.
    They assume either, Romo, Ryan, or Flacco will get snubbed.
    Lesson McCoy says he does not like the Cowboys but loves Romo ...says he for sure should be ahead of Flacco.

Supposedly the voting was before the Super Bowl, but assume Flacco makes it anyway.
    Maybe not?
  13. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,217 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    What were Newton and Romo's rankings on last year's list?
  14. Califan007

1,217 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Probably because Eli has the playoff stats, SB MVPs and hardware to go along with the 4th quarter comebacks. And let's face it, Romo laid an egg with the division on the line and the rest of the league watching on Sunday night. Didn't exactly leave the season with a good impression.
  15. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,544 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    We're not arguing about Eli being on and above Romo, we're talking about Cam freaking Newton being on the list.

Was Newton even in a position to get into the playoffs last year? I can't remember from all the trauma his dirtballs and interceptions have given me.
  16. Califan007

1,217 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I dunno...sounded like the other guy was indeed talking about Eli:

Hell, what do I know, though lol...

What was Newton ranked last year, do you know? (I don't lol...I just know he was). And what was Romo ranked last year?
  17. RastaRocket

5,865 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Romo didn't make it last season either I believe.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,537 Messages
    5,267 Likes Received
    He barely did.

19. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,413 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    Romo led the league in INTS and had a worse TD:INT ratio than Cam Newton. And in Newton's case, that's only half his game... He ran for 750 yards and 8 TDs last year as well.

As far as the playoffs, the Panthers were 7-9 last year opposed to Dallas' 8-8 season. And considering supporting cast, Romo has a lot more to work with than Cam.
  20. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,652 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    I dunno... I might argue Romo over Eli last year. He failed to crack 4000 yards on the season, and if not for the Tampa game where he threw for the 510 yards, he wouldn't have even come close. Normally I wouldn't use 'what if' scenarios, but the 500+ yard game was a serious outlier considering he didn't even average half of that throughout the other 15 games.