1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Trenches Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Biggems, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,615 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    We acquire an extra 3rd via trade prior to the draft or during the draft.

1 - OG Chance Womack - Alabama
    2 - DT Jesse Williams - Alabama
    3 - C Travis Frederick - Wisconsin
    3 - OT Lane Johnson - Oklahoma
    4 - OG Gabe Jackson - Mississippi St.
    5 - OT Seantrel Henderson - the U
    6 - DT Brandon Williams - Missouri Southern St.
  2. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,268 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Is this a serious mock or this is what you are wishing for?
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,991 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Your heart and head are in the right place. Never happen. BTW Henderson is a drama queen with marginal ability. You can have him.
  4. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,615 Messages
    39 Likes Received

if so, then we simply replace him with a different OT or even a DE
  5. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,615 Messages
    39 Likes Received

This is a serious mock about drafting for only the trenches. It is almost halfway through the college season.

BTW, go read up on Brandon Williams. The kid would be a definite late round gem, and could be an absolute steal, if he were to play in the NFL the way he has in college.
  6. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,237 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Tyler Wilson!
  7. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,746 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    Five of your first six picks on olineman is way excessive. I like the first two picks, but the team needs more pass rushers than they do backup lineman.
  8. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,615 Messages
    39 Likes Received

yeah we only need 2 OL.....even though Free is a matador out there. Our guards have been beaten like redheaded step children. We still are not settled at center.....but we have the rest of the season to see if Costa can be a mainstay. That is just our starters.....our bench doesn't offer us much in the way of secure feelings.

So call it excessive if you want, but if you have to draft an extra OL or 2, then so be it. You can never have too many quality OL to protect your greatest asset, your starting QB.
  9. Oh_Canada

5,746 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    ....And exactly how would you plan to get to the other qb?? Bring back Charles Haley from retirement?

The one guard has been below average, the other one (Livings) has graded out well. So essentially you would be drafting three, maybe four backups while neglecting the need for pressure players and safety help.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    once again ignoring the running sore that is the O line

really brilliant.

Facts are that Free right now is a serious concern; Bernie has flopped; and while Arkin shows some hope just how much? So your claim that we are OK on the Line is belied by reality.

And that is of course assuming Costa's play was not a mirage and that his back does not act up again
  11. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,615 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    This is a trenches mock.....OL and DL....IMO, the OL is far more important and in much more need of repair.....sheesh people...it is just a mock. I am not Jerry Jones, the GM. If you don't like my mock, fine.....but instead of simply being negative, throw out some player names you would like to draft for the trenches instead.
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,726 Messages
    3,470 Likes Received
    Yes, Henderson appears to have a list of character issues, but WOW he is an incredible physical specimen. At 6-7.5, 340, he moves around with ease and has a very athletic build.

If he were available in the 5th round, it would be worth the risk, IMO.
  13. cowboyzz11

cowboyzz11 Benched

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dallas Thomas, G/OT, Tennessee
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 310.

Tennessee senior guard Dallas Thomas had an excellent game. He was dominant in run blocking and pass blocking. Thomas is strong at the point of attack and very athletic. He would better off staying at guard in the NFL and looks like a solid second-day pick
  14. Oh_Canada

5,746 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    Drafting five olineman is "brilliant"?

How about they draft one really good one like Jones, Warmack or Warford and maybe see you can find someone in FA to replace Free. This notion that the Boys need to spend half or more of there picks on olineman is a silly use of draft resources.
  15. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,615 Messages
    39 Likes Received

I have read some positive things about him on draft sites, but none of them were really updated. I haven't seen him or the Vols offense this year, so I can't judge by the ole eyeball test either. TY for the info on him.
  16. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,615 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    we have 6 picks in the draft next year. I added one more via trade. I agree we could use more help on the DL. Still, IMO, our biggest weakness is the OL, not only starters, but also reserves. Since this is a mock about the trenches, my biggest focus was the OL. I still addressed the DL with the beast Williams from Alabama, and also, what I believe is a small school steal in the 6th Round, in Williams.
  17. cowboyzz11

cowboyzz11 Benched

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I kinda like this Braxton Cave at C

6-3 #305
  18. cowboyzz11

cowboyzz11 Benched

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I want Jesse Williams so bad

gets doubled team on every play

he be a force on the D line
  19. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Isn't this what we wish for every year but never happens? Nice idea, but I don't see it being implemented in reality, and will be pleasantly if it turns out this way.
  20. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,118 Messages
    1,866 Likes Received
    6 picks is half as many as Dallas has devoted to the trenches since 2007.

You're lucky to 1 in the first couple rounds from this team.