1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Truth about Jimmy..

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by alsmith, Nov 10, 2012.

1. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

337 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    All I know is Jimmy put a SB team on the field his final 2 years here and it was a team(s) that most of us are still proud of......since then...not so much...
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    I agree that because of the change in the game and the cap and everything that you cannot rule soley by fear anymore.

But a smart coach can figure ways to get the point across. Coughlin was a real hard line old time coach in the BP mode and it almost got him fired. He learned to tread something of a middle ground from where he had been and that has gotten him 2 rings.

For this team a coach that can discipline is almost an absolute must have. Unfortunately that is not Red Ball.

Now whether that is because its not in him or Jerruh will not let him do it or a combination; does not matter because for all the claims by his worshippers that there is a different culture in place I see no signs of it on the field.
  3. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Truth is Mr. Jones has ruined a once proud franchise. That is the only truth that matter.
  4. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,294 Messages
    1,724 Likes Received
    If you're trying to get fans to root against Jimmy and what he did for us fans, forget it. Winners will always be elevated and losers will be stoned.

And no matter how you find ways to secretly prop up Jerry Jones, we can see it, and smell it. And you can't run from the fact that after Jimmy's talent was decimated, Jones has proven to be TRASH!

If you are 18 years old, you were sucking on a bottle the last time we won the Super Bowl. If you are 23 years old, you were an infant the last time we drafted a QB in the 1st round.
  5. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,315 Messages
    2,153 Likes Received
    Not sure if i read this correctly, but are there those that suggest Jimmy made up the story about another team during the 1993 season?

His statement was, "why would they (thought is was the panthers but may have been the Jaguars) want to speak with Norv, when they can interview me?"