1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The UN Makes it Official: Global Warming Hysteria Is All About Redistributing Wealth

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Doomsday101, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,896 Messages
    991 Likes Received
    For years, climate realists around the world have been warning the international community that the entire man-made global warming myth and resulting hysteria is all a scheme to redistribute wealth under the pretense of saving the planet.

In a document obtained by FOX News, the United Nations has made it official.

As FOX News executive editor George Russell reported Friday:

A United Nations document on “climate change” that will be distributed to a major environmental conclave next week envisions a huge reordering of the world economy, likely involving trillions of dollars in wealth transfer, millions of job losses and gains, new taxes, industrial relocations, new tariffs and subsidies, and complicated payments for greenhouse gas abatement schemes and carbon taxes — all under the supervision of the world body.

Those and other results are blandly discussed in a discretely worded United Nations “information note” on potential consequences of the measures that industrialized countries will likely have to take to implement the Copenhagen Accord, the successor to the Kyoto Treaty, after it is negotiated and signed by December 2009. […]

The 16-page note, obtained by FOX News, will be distributed to participants at a mammoth negotiating session that starts on March 29 in Bonn, Germany, the first of three sessions intended to hammer out the actual commitments involved in the new deal.

Some of the ideas discussed in this document eerily resembled what NASA’s James Hansen wrote to Barack Obama last December:

A rising carbon price is essential to “decarbonize” the economy, i.e., to move the nation toward the era beyond fossil fuels. The most effective way to achieve this is a carbon tax (on oil, gas, and coal) at the well-head or port of entry. The tax will then appropriately affect all products and activities that use fossil fuels. The public’s near-term, mid-term, and long-term lifestyle choices will be affected by knowledge that the carbon tax rate will be rising.

The public will support the tax if it is returned to them, equal shares on a per capita basis (half shares for children up to a maximum of two child-shares per family), deposited monthly in bank accounts. No large bureaucracy is needed. A person reducing his carbon footprint more than average makes money. A person with large cars and a big house will pay a tax much higher than the dividend.

Maybe more concerning, Obama’s 2010 budget proposal includes a carbon cap-and-trade scheme, although there is some question as to whether this will survive the coming battle on Capitol Hill. ABC’s George Stephanopoulos reported last Friday that cap-and-trade will likely be sacrificed this year as Obama and Congressional Democrats focus attention on health care.

Beyond this, recent polls have revealed an increasing skepticism by the public concerning the veracity of media reports regarding global warming. These same polls also find that the appetite for expensive solutions during a recession is waning.

Add to this the recent findings which suggest the current cooling trend that began in 1998 could last for at least another decade; the folks looking to use this manufactured crisis as a means of redistributing wealth must be realizing that the window of opportunity is starting to close.

As such, they may believe this upcoming December meeting in Copenhagen is their last chance, thereby making this 16-page document a formal game plan for what is likely the beginning of a nine month full-court press.

Let’s be honest, folks like Nobel laureate Al Gore have their reputations and their very fortunes on the line here, so we should all expect a great deal of hysterical media coverage in the near future — especially after the hurricane season begins in May.

Here’s my advice, America: Prepare now for the coming storm.
  2. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Notice the name change?
    From Global Warming to Climate Change.
    Make the rules as we go,screw principles.

Google Freeman Dyson.
    See what happens when you go against the Environutjobs.
  3. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,692 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    My nephew is in the Air Force and has been conducting experiments with them concerning global warming the last 4 years. He told me his professional opinion is that global warming is a crock.
  4. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just don't see how you can explain all the melting ice.

You see polar bears having to tiptoe and then leap from one chunk of ice to the next. Huge chunks falling from glaciers. Something's going on.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,219 Messages
    789 Likes Received
    Maybe the world is warming up. But then we had a "little ice age" around 200 years ago. So why not a "little warm up" now. TOTALLY INDEPENDENT OF HUMAN INTERVENTION.
  6. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,163 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Call it what you want. Global warming, climate change, pollution, greenhouse gases. Anyone who doubts that 6 billion people on this planet can't change the course of our environment is simply ignorant.

Its up to each and every one of us to do what we can within reason to help save the planet for future generations. Little things that everyone does, do add up.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,219 Messages
    789 Likes Received
    and anyone who thinks that we have as much of an effect as those like you claim are even dumber.
  8. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,163 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Ignorance is bliss.
  9. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Global Warming is the biggest hoax perpetrated on mankind.
    Ever.
  10. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,652 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Urban myth and errant information...
  11. trickblue

28,652 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Argue with respected scientists... not us...

Of course, everyone in Sunnyvale has all the answers.. ;)
  12. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've seen it.
  13. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My problem is I don't trust the scheming media or scheming politicians when they are trying to sell me something like this I tend to run away from it as fast as I can!
  14. trickblue

28,652 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Irony at it's finest... ;)
  15. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When Al Gore is the face of a movement,and you believe it,then I can't help you.
  16. STAR GAZER

STAR GAZER Benched

2,047 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is global warming. It's not man made. The sun heats and cools in cycles.

The problem with the ice glaciers is ................. http://zfacts.com/p/190.html

Natural global warming is playing a small part that will be reversed by nature.

Reducing carbon emissions is a fantastic idea. But to cripple the economy by over-reacting in a time of desperate economic survival is insane. The sky is not going to fall tomorrow. However the economy just might.

Lets take smaller measures until we can afford to make more drastic changes.

We have the auto industry by the balls. We should create incentives to retool factories to accommodate a transition to more energy efficient vehicles. Consumer rebates and tax incentives would be best. Taxing for the consumption seems too negative an approach.

This issue should be more about national security and environmental efficiency. Not about the end of the world as we know it
  17. trickblue

28,652 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    I don't know if there is Global Warming... the samples are too small at this point, but you are right about the weather being cyclical...

It will change no matter what we do...
  18. Royal Laegotti

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trust me on this I don't believe anything that puke says. I don't know why some folks believe in or trust a politician, from either party but mostly dems, as if the politician knows what best for you more so than you and your family do. Simply insane. These "Einsteins":rolleyes: can even manage the dollar bills they print up or they choose not to, which is even scarrier.
  19. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received

There is definitely warming because of all the ice melting.
  20. Royal Laegotti

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, the ice in my tea melted a little while ago, something's going on!