1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Walking Dead: The Return, Tonight!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Phoenix, Feb 10, 2013.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

30,999 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    That's a good point.

I prefer the one on the TV Show. He's much more sinister and less overt about his underlying intentions.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,640 Messages
    1,110 Likes Received
    I don't remember who exactly said it, or where I even heard it, I think it was a guest writer giving a lecture in one of my classes.

But he said something along the lines of "you want to write something memorable on every page."

Are these "set up" episodes memorable? Could we not have had a 5 min discussion between Rick and the Gov. accomplish the same thing tacked on to the back of the last episode?

Maybe reading the comic changed my expectations for the show, but nothing important to the plot has happened for like 3 or 4 episodes. The Merle thing coming back was a tangent, Rick was crazy for 2 weeks, and although the Morgan thing was cool, that entire episode was just a "set up" for them to get the guns they need to fight a war. Other than the development of Michonne and Carl, I think these last few have all been pretty useless.

The only thing memorable about this episode is the Michonne ultimatum and the fact that we got to see Maggie get it on :laugh2:
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,456 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    I enjoyed the episode and I am expecting, and honestly hoping for, the death of Andrea before the season is finished. I've grown more than tired of her.

Theo makes an interesting observation there that maybe Milton kills the Gov. That's something I never thought of and would find very interesting if it happened. I'm hoping that along these final three episodes that Rick's group is able to aquire the black guy and woman (I can't remember their names now) from the the Gov. group. The two who were at the prison before when Rick was crazy. I hope they kill the other two though. Those two are losers.

I also think that Daryl is going to kill Martinez. I just think it's going to come down to those two during the fight and I think Daryl kills him.

I still think at some point that Merle dies. I've thought that for the last few episodes and I really don't see how it's going to go any other way.
  4. MichaelWinicki

30,999 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    I'm starting to think the Governor survives until next season.

It's almost too easy to kill off the Governor at season's end. I think the writers are going to juke & jive us like they did with the little girl in the barn.
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,919 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    Maybe Michonne can take off a hand this next time then.
  6. BraveHeartFan

22,456 Messages
    519 Likes Received

I could see that. I could see some sort of big time ending leaving you wondering if he died or not. Then wait a few episodes into season 4 to reveal that he indeed did survive.
  7. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,045 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    I never could get over Rick's british accent. It so blatantly obvious to me I cant take the show seriously.. But anyways since Shane died, I stopped watching.
  8. BraveHeartFan

22,456 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    Because he has a brittish accent, that I honestly don't feel like you really notice in the show, you can't take a show seriously?

Wow.
  9. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

805 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    He has a British accent? Why would they cast a British person in an American drama playing a guy from Kentucky? America MUST protect its own jobs!!!
  10. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,300 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I never knew Andrew Lincoln was British until a couple of weeks ago and it threw me for a loop. Never noticed it watching the show and I still don't.

[youtube]K7su76NMQdE[/youtube]
  11. MichaelWinicki

30,999 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    I doubt LS was that big of a fan... which is OK too.
  12. MichaelWinicki

30,999 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    Well here's more to chew on...

The "Governor" from the show is also British.

And "Maggie" is Australian.
  13. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,570 Messages
    224 Likes Received

I totally love "Maggie"s accent...saw her on Talking Dead. *swoon* :)
  14. MichaelWinicki

30,999 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    Yeah, she's a sweetie.
  15. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,317 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Yeah, I would agree with the "to each their own philosophy", but I really don't get how people can "not like" a show, yet watch it repeatedly for long periods of time and continually complain about how bad it is.

I only have the time to watch a handful of shows each week, so I don't have an hour to just waste with something that I can't stand to watch. If I don't like it, I stop watching and move on to something that I actually enjoy watching.

Just seems strange to me.
  16. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,919 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    I hate to ruin The Dark Knight movies for him but Batman he's a Brit too.
  17. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Morgan is British also
  18. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,094 Messages
    125 Likes Received
  19. MichaelWinicki

30,999 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    I forgot that one!
  20. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    In one of last year's episodes, when her and Laurie are making food in the kitchen, she totally forgot to use her American dialect and went Aussie for the first two or three minutes...

It's the opening scene from one of the Season 2 episodes...