1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The whole saftey situation

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysBravesSpurs, Feb 16, 2013.

1. CowboysBravesSpurs

CowboysBravesSpurs Member

81 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Is there any word on what the cowboys might be doing to address the need at safety? Free agency or the draft? Or do you think they'll end up starting the year off with sensabaugh & church starting?
  2. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

1,970 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    We have much bigger fish to fry. OL, DL and LB come to mind. Matt Johnson and a cheap veteran is all I foresee.
  3. CowboysBravesSpurs

81 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I totally agree with addressing the o-line before anything, but I personally think we'll be good at linebacker next year. I think lee playing the mike, carter playing the will and Sims playing the Sam will be fire. And the d-line seemes pretty straight if we end up keeping Ratliff. Id like to seem them move Hatcher inside with rat, and having Crawford play LE or maybe signing or drafting a LE
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,151 Messages
    2,992 Likes Received
    salutation ?
  5. CarlAllDay

CarlAllDay Active Member

1,833 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Sorry but the safety position is one of the most important positions in kiffin's defense .. They're not going to trust that glass house Matt Johnson no one knows if this guy can even play. The safeties must be able to read cover ground back there, church is coming off an acl, Johnson never played a down. And Jerry spent money on oline last year. I bet he signs a low tier oline guy and draft a few later he won't go oline early watch. Not saying we don't need to improve the oline.. In just saying what Jerry is more likely to do. But safety can't be ignored this year. The secondary must be in sync in Monte's 4-3 ... Seahawks safeties are good, and Tampa had John lynch Monte will want a safety
  6. CowboysBravesSpurs

81 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    my phone auto corrected "situation" to "salutation". How do you change the title of the forum? Im new to this website..
  7. CowboysBravesSpurs

81 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    So what do you think they'll end up doing? sign a big name FA safety? Or draft one?
  8. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    it's Kiffin's call--we might already have the guys for his scheme between healthy safeties, guys hurt last year,and maybe a converted corner.
  9. CowboysBravesSpurs

81 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I meant title of the "thread"
  10. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

1,970 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    Only the Mod Gods can change it after it is posted.
  11. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,162 Messages
    1,792 Likes Received
    There are about 8-9 safeties in this draft class who can start at some point this season

I hope to god we draft one in Rd 3
  12. Canada180

Canada180 bannedontherun88

131 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Church and Johnsons health is a very tenuos situation. But I believe the Boys like what they have in them. I wouldn't b e surprised to see a guy like Amerson drafted to add to the mix instead of one of the more regularly ranked Safties
  13. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Have we even heard whether or not Matt Johnson's hamstring ever healed?
  14. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,853 Messages
    606 Likes Received

Safety?
  15. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't be surprised if they nab a FS with the 18th pick.
  16. AMERICAS_FAN

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, he was to resume practice right after the last game. Had we Mae the playoffs he would have practiced and played.
  17. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus

4,365 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    I definitely want the OL/DL addressed early an often. However, if they have Vacarro as their #1 safety and more highly rated than the linemen that are left, then they should draft him since we could use a safety.
  18. AMERICAS_FAN

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What are the team's issues year after year? We lack depth at OL and S, because year after year we virtually ignore these in the top rounds of the draft.

If the best player available at 18 is a FS we better well take him.

LThis team needs an all-around S with range to cover sideline to sideline.

How many more 3rd and long's can we endure with the opposing converting first downs because our FS can't cover?

How many more bottom-in-INTs statistics can we endure because the FS can't jump routes or cover deep?

We NEED a top FS, bottom line, and if we're smart we're looking for that guy in rounds 1 or 2, not free agency. That's because those guys don't hit free agency, and the lesser SS that do cost too much.
  19. CowboysBravesSpurs

81 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Well i was hoping they would get Kenny Vaccaro, since im a Texas fan. But that was a while back & his draft stock has risen so high then. I like matt Johnson & iv seen his highlights, but has he even played a down yet? People are putting hope in this dude & he hasn't even played
  20. CarlAllDay

CarlAllDay Active Member

1,833 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Exactly everything you just said! We need a top flight safety!