1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Worst Part About Roy Hitting Lefty...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JackMagist, Sep 16, 2006.

1. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The worst part about Roy hitting Leftwich...a hit he has now been fined $7,500 for making...was that after that hit Leftwich turned his game around. Before that he had been sucking mud as a QB but after that hit he started finding his receivers and making his throws.

I think Leftwich is one of those guys that can't play unless he is hurt. The pain somehow makes him focus and he becomes a better quarterback. IF you think about it going all the way back to college he was this way. He made his reputation in a game where he was so hurt his linemen had to carry him downfield for the next play each time and he performed like a champion. The worst thing Roy could have done for the team in this situation was to hurt Leftwich.
  2. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Reminds me of the scene in "Blazing Saddles" when Sheriff Bart is going to go out to stop "Mongo" (Alex Karras):

Bart: I better go check out this Mongo character.
    [Bart reaches for his gun]
    Jim: Oh no, don't do that.
    Bart: Why not?
    Jim: If you shoot him, you'll just make him mad.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Same as Hos....don't take away his nyquil :D
  4. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah. If it's broke, let it stay broke....

My immediate reaction to the hit was that I hoped the 2nd stringer wouldn't come in.

Super Bowl V taught me to think like that.
  5. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,252 Messages
    5,504 Likes Received
    Excellent point.

I don't think it was a coincidence. It did appear to fire him up and help him focus more. Bad play by Williams.
  6. Big Country

Big Country Rolling Thunder

3,716 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    :jerk:

If I hadn't have spilled my beer Witten wouldn't have been called for offensive pass interference either... karma
  7. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,664 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Yep. Leftwich was pretty much money from that point on.
  8. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,467 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    No offense but this is absurd... lol. Roy's hit was marginal and it cost us. He probably gets the benefit of the doubt in Dallas. However, I am all for clean shots on the opposing QB's I don't care who they are.

We all want a dominating "catalytic" defense. You can't dominate without some form of intimidation factor. Now you're saying don't hit the QB? Please. Perhaps you're right about Leftwich, but I'm sorry you can't change that style of play QB to QB. That's craziness.
  9. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Well...that is a thought.

However, after that hit, leftwich went 3 for 7 with and INT - to said Roy Williams.

Bledsoe's INT seems to have done alot more for Leftwich's confidence.
  10. TEK2000

TEK2000 New Member

2,152 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well.. there's a reason for criticizing Roy that I would have never expected... hitting the opposing team's QB.
  11. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Leftwich does seem to focus more once he gets his bell rung or makes a stupid mistake.

I wont blame that loss on Williams. I would say that overall offensively the Cowboys just couldnt get back into rhythm. Not to take anything away from the Jags, because they played pretty solid after the 1st quarter.
  12. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,285 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    I dont think it has to do with that he can't play unless he is hurt... the hit just fired him up IMO
  13. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    dude thats alchol abuse...thats a minmum of 20 mins in the dunce corner if convicted....you gotta be care with that stuff ;)
  14. md2005

md2005 New Member

102 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think all those penalties and Flozell piss poor blocks had something to do with it.
  15. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    IMO, it was more the 30 yard pass to Wilford that woke up their whole offense.
  16. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    What pain? Did Leftwich look hurt?