1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The X-Factor season 2

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by kristie, Sep 14, 2012.

1. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,950 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Oh yeah btw I watched 5th Harmony's second song again with Demi Lovato and there is no doubt in my mind that they were lip syncing during the chorus!
  2. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,606 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    on the first round: yes all three did songs they've done before. here's the difference. fifth harmony changed theirs up a bit so that it didn't sound like the version they did last week!!

2nd round: i think carly's chances of winning were sunk when she sang with leann rimes. it was so bad that i just hit the mute button. tate did a nice job with little big town, whom i've seen in concert. fifth harmony did great with demi. i was very impressed.

3rd round: carly did a nice job on "hallelujah", but my problem with her singing that song is that it's been done so many times on shows like american idol that i personally am sick of it. tate did good like he always does & fifth harmony(no surprise here)did wonderful with "let it be" even though that song was sung just a week ago by terry mcdermott of the voice.

so you won't be surprised by fifth harmony winning, but i will. in fact i'll be screaming like crazy if they win. :D
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,174 Messages
    1,871 Likes Received
    That whole song sounded like it was recorded in a studio, no way Demi was actually singing.
  4. pjtoadie

1,950 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    [youtube]OrAZeI4ARQE?[/youtube]

[youtube]SDh30jpSALk?[/youtube]
  5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I noticed a lot of artist the last few years have sang Leonard cohen's Hallelujah. Someone did it on the Voice in the Blind Audition this year.
  6. kristie

7,606 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    they also did the song as a tribute to the Sandy Hook kids.
  7. kristie

7,606 Messages
    128 Likes Received
  8. pjtoadie

1,950 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Spoiler Alert:

Ok I was wrong about the show being rigged for 5th Harmony but man I am glad that I was wrong :)....sorry Kristie ;)
  9. pjtoadie

1,950 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Ok well my girl Carly didn't win but congrats to Tate....seems like a real good guy! They both will make it far!
  10. kristie

7,606 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    thanks. i do think however this could be just the beginning for fifth harmony. ;)
  11. pjtoadie

1,950 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Yeah I agree :)
  12. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,174 Messages
    1,871 Likes Received
    I was pulling for Carly but glad Tate won. This was his 'last hurrah' so to say, Carly is very young and has a bright future.
  13. pjtoadie

1,950 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    This ^
  14. kristie

7,606 Messages
    128 Likes Received
  15. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received

I've said it 100 times by now, but they really need to stop doing the typical American Idol esqe "Gimmick" nights like "songs from the divas" "Whitney Houston night' etc. Let the artists perform the style they like, and let America literally watch them grow as artists. If they play their own music, let them sing their own songs. If they don't, let them sing songs they love and and produce it like it's their own song. I'd be much more interested in that than watching the exact same themes on every singing show. It gets old and stale. The X-factor has some really good talent but they feel like "the other, other singing show" b/c its the same concepts as the other two.
  16. kristie

7,606 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    i totally agree. if the x-factor wants to set itself apart from american idol & the voice, they need to do things differently like what you suggested.
  17. kristie

7,606 Messages
    128 Likes Received
  18. pjtoadie

1,950 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    I agree with the two of you!
  19. pjtoadie

1,950 Messages
    508 Likes Received
  20. kristie

7,606 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    also i don't think she was that great of a mentor to carly. i mean, she did a nice job with her, but i think britney could've been better. as a judge, she was outdone by demi lovato IMO. i hope demi stays.