1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

TheCount's Mock V2.0 - Dee Ford Edition

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheCount, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,924 Messages
    1,307 Likes Received
    Basically, instead of signing UDFAs, the Cowboys are going to just pick those guys in the 7th. Even if he's just a camp body, you might as well draft.
  2. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

391 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Don't like the Dee Ford pick and don't think he's a 1st rounder at all. Alot of people like the fact Ford made a name for himself in the BCS Championship game & Senior Bowl but all season long this kid hasn't been pretty much average to good player at Auburn. Out of the Alabama, LSU, UGA games (3 teams with NFL talent on the Olines), Dee ford had a total of 3 tackles in all 3 games.

Big time rival games, is one of the measuring sticks I used in judging players & Dee Ford showed me nothing in those rivals games.
    visionary likes this.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,859 Messages
    882 Likes Received
    Who do you like?

For the record, I think Ford will be a better pro than a collegiate athlete, especially if he lands in the right scheme (like a 3-4 D), but I'm by no means in love with him. It's a mock draft.
  4. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,514 Messages
    4,752 Likes Received
    Fair point.

Honestly, I was impressed by his NCG and Senior Bowl, then I saw the idiocy he displayed at the Combine and heard him give interviews.

Now, I am off.
  5. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,337 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    the comparison I saw was Trent Cole, not bad
    rkell87 likes this.
  6. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,483 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    I like this mock, and I think Ford is trying to prove that he is the best DE in the draft...he already stated he is better than clowney....but, with a modest trade down (into mid-twenties), I could see them picking him...I am liking Crichton more and more....
  7. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Trent Cole is is a good comparison, I think I see freeney because ford can pull that spin move.
    Gaede likes this.
  8. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    I'm not a fan of Brandon Coleman in the 3rd round.
  9. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Best mock I've seen. Shaw is the only one I wouldbt take. If we take a qb I want one that can develop. I don't think he's it. But in the 7th I wouldn't argue much with it.
  10. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,581 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Dee Ford as a "situational pass rusher"..........seems I've heard rumors out of Cowboy Land they are tinkering with B.Carter to do just that.......Carter has been a effective blitzer over time, gives you similar build, speed that Ford Does...........don't see D.Ford at all, at worst, add a OLine player and finish off that group totally before a pik of Ford.
  11. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,859 Messages
    882 Likes Received
    I didn't mock him in the 3rd, so we agree.

Dunno about those rumor. All I've heard is Broaddus mention it in passing as an idea when discussing what you'd do with Carter if the team drafted Mosley, nothing official.
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,354 Messages
    1,990 Likes Received
    This
    Give me Barr , Donald, Jernigan or ealy over ford in rd
    Not a fan of a rd 1 pick looking for a position to play
  13. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Yeah I read it wrong my apologies. 4th or 5th round at best.