1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

TheCount's Post Senior Bowl Mock (No DeCastro)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheCount, Feb 3, 2012.

1. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    That's cool. One question though: What are we going to do about safety? I'm assuming Elam wasn't signed. Does your scenario have someone like Church starting?
  2. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,158 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    i think you way off on nicks. try 7 years 60 million and 22 million guaranteed. he is going to cost alot more then we think at 26 yrs old he will want to be the best paid olineman.
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,623 Messages
    3,150 Likes Received
    I think you're right.

And I don't think Dallas will make a play for him.
  4. Thatkidbob

Thatkidbob Member

343 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I agree. Nicks will end up being this year's Nnamdi Asomugha: he's a great player, but the price is too high. We have to build through the draft... High priced free agents are not the answer.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,272 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    Could be a FA in the mold of Elam, but I believe Church is ready. I don't think there's a safety in this class the staff would be willing to start from day 1 other than Barron, so they may not draft one at all.

Your numbers aren't that far from mine, really. 500,000 per year difference with more guaranteed money.

lol, we tried to sign Asomugha and his final contract was more reasonable than many people thought. I remember people saying he'd sign for no less than 15mil a year.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    Nicks is frankly better and younger then nmadi when comparing positions.

Nmadi is a very interesting case; virtually every talking head had him going for at least 14-15 million. That Philthy got him for that must less is striking. My theory is that with all the extra time that the staffs had to look at film and such on the FA's, a lot of people saw the flaws in Nmadi's game.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    Or they saw he was a 30 year old cornerback and no sane team would pay that kind of money for him.
  8. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,623 Messages
    3,150 Likes Received
    I don't think Church is ready.

He doesn't appear to be fast enough to handle deep coverage responsibilies.

To me he looks like a safety/linebacker in the nickel and that's about it.

The other starting safety for the Cowboys is going to come through free-agency.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    Well then you don't think Church is good enough. Not that he's not ready.

I agree.
  10. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,272 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    I don't disagree th that. I do think he's mentally ready. Physically he is what he is, doesn't mean I think he should be starting but we refuse to draft safeties so what can be expected.
  11. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,272 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    I don't think any team in their right mind would pay a corner 15 mil a year. He's getting paid great money, I don't kow how anyone expected him to get more than the best QBs in the league make.