1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: TheLandryHat: The Cowboys should draft Andrew Luck as Tony Romo’s replacement

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 13, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://thelandryhat.com/2011/09/12/the-cowboys-should-draft-andrew-luck-as-tony-romos-replacement/
    AUTHOR: Steven Mullenax | IN: Cowboys | COMMENTS: 5 Comments |

I know it sounds absurd to some of you. And it might even sound like an over-reaction to Tony Romo’s poor play in the 4th quarter of Sunday night’s loss to the Jets. But I truly believe it is a valid topic worth exploring. Do you really want to relive all those harsh years post Troy Aikman’s retirement? This is about more than just one bad game. This is about securing the future of our beloved franchise, The Dallas Cowboys.

Tony Romo fans mainly fall into two categories. The majority of fans believe that Romo is our future. The minority want his head on a platter for making dumb mistakes (especially today). But they all agree he’s the best quarterback we’ve had since Aikman left. And maybe, that’s part of the problem. We were SO deprived for SO long, that we just don’t know any better.
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

It just keeps getting dumber.
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    It's gonna be real real hard to draft Andrew Luck when we're competing for a playoff spot at the end of the season. I don't know of many playoff teams drafting #1 overall.
  4. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not a bad idea but we won't be drafting that low
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,565 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,314 Messages
    219 Likes Received

Joe, I ban you from posting idiot crap from that site here at CZ. :nono:
  7. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Zrinkill, again, I am just posting articles. I say still wait on Romo (with McGee in the wings), see if romo grows from this last game, but make Romo accountable to the Cowboys players and the coaches and Jerry for his 2 main mistakes at end of the game.

How I dont know, that was yesterday, its time to move on, but learn from it, and for cotton picking sure, dont let it happen again.

WE all have said for along time, when like parcells or wade were protecting the players, make them accountable. If you make them accountable just in the lockerroom, or however, thats fine, but make the players understand, just like in a job, if you keep making mistakes, big mistakes and your a veteran player or worker, you wont be here long making those mistakes over and over.

You might like have the player that made the mistakes, get in front of the whole team apologize for letting the team down, to the players, to the coaches and to jerry jones. Like for instance, years ago, when Emmitt Smith fumbled in a cowboys oilers game, smith got up and publicly appologized humbly in front of the whole team for fumbling and costing the team the game. Do it that way in some way if you have to, but make the players accountable so they remember it and dont let it happen again. Granted some plays things happen, but make players accountable, so its etched in their brains, they let the team down, us fans down and they dont want to do it again. Just like the podcast i posted about spencer, did you hear where spencer said last year, he mailed it in some zrinkill? Thats unacceptable!

Some way make them accountable, while at the same time, have a very good sit down with the head coach and make it very well now, your not pleased with that kind of play and you wont stand for it.

Work better and harder in practice, film room, and after hours practice more with players. Some way make the players accountable, like for instance the blocked punt, whoever messed that up, make that player accountable, so it never happens again and that player is more alert. If that also means that coach joe d didnt make the players more aware in special teams drills, then make coach joe d accountable, chew on him some and fix it, but finish and get rid of the dumb mistakes.

Smart good football teams dont do that. Also zrinkill, lots of times, i post stuff, like podcasts and some articles, i dont hardly read the article or podcast, but post it as soon as i find it for you all, some of you maybe interested. Then, much later i will go back and read the article or listen to the podcast. Generally only podcast i listen to is when im listening to 1053thefan and mickey is on giving report or jason garrett press conf is on.

:starspin
  8. zrinkill

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Bull ....

You are looking for anti romo stuff to post ...... to deny it makes you look silly.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,795 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    To get to the #1 slot we would have to trade 2012 and 2013 - THE ENTIRE DRAFT OF BOTH YEARS.

NO ONE is worth that
  10. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Run joe, run, yosemite sam is after you, uh oh, here comes sam:
    :eekmouse: Sam, I am, read what I wrote to zrinkill in article above.

Also zrinkill, lots of times, i post stuff, like podcasts and some articles, i dont hardly read the article or podcast, but post it as soon as i find it for you all, some of you maybe interested. Then, much later i will go back and read the article or listen to the podcast. Generally only podcast i listen to is when im listening to 1053thefan and mickey is on giving report or jason garrett press conf is on.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,241 Messages
    4,569 Likes Received
    He post all articles, podcasts, links to radio or videos and everything else cowboys related or draft related.

No need to take it out on him for a dumb article. Cowboyjoe may have problems with Romo but he is truthful when he says he posts it all.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    I'd love to have Andrew Luck and im sure the Cowboys would snag him up if the opportunity presented itself.

But it aint happenin.
  13. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,946 Messages
    1,091 Likes Received
    That's what makes LandryHat so idiotic. :laugh2:
  14. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    You may think I am, but I am not, i try to post all cowboys articles i find, then i go back and look, especially if i see lots of cowboys fans replying.

Again, I say, let romo still grow, give him that chance, but for crying out loud, make him accountable. Be honest here with me here zrinkill, if you had an employee for you, that was a hard worker, but kept making some big time mistakes that was hurting your company, wouldnt you have a sit down talk with him? Not to keep doing dumb things or whatever. Not to allow like the punt got blocked. For instance, mickey said that Holley generally wasnt the blocker in the up position on punt team, then why in the heck was Holley there in the first place? Who is responsible for that, Holley, or coach joe d? Fix it, finish.
  15. zrinkill

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Sorry Brain ...... I know he usually post everything ..... but I believe he is looking for anti-Romo crap right now.

Just like this offseason when he was looking for Romo golfing crap.

I do not believe Joe is as innocent as we used to think he is.
  16. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,241 Messages
    4,569 Likes Received
    Not everyone is a troll that needs slayed just because they disagree with your takes on the cowboys.

Plenty of them for sure, but not everybody...just food for thought.:cool:
  17. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Now, I do agree about romo and his golf stuff, that is one thing I will post about, I feel that when a player is getting 8 to 10 million dollars a year, he should be soley concentrating on dallas cowboys football and nothing else. If you go back and read, you will see that romo even admitted that he probably plays too much golf, and other sports related competition stuff besides cowboys football stuff.

But I have repeatedly have said, romo is growing as a player, but at some point, since romo is an experienced player now with at least 5 years of NFL experience, some of the mistakes should stop and not continually happen again and again. I understand all qbs have a bad game now and then, that happens, but not in critical situations, you have to grow and get over that, or you remain the same, jerry jones show is on now, fixing to post that
  18. zrinkill

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    I do not think Joe is a troll.

But he is trolling Romo ...... has been for 2 years now.
  19. zrinkill

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    That guy and the guy in your sig look a lot alike.
  20. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Exactly