1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Theology Continued

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Mike 1967, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Mike 1967

Mike 1967 New Member

2,771 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I understand what you are saying....I just don't agree with it. And I don't think you really agree with it. I would use the fact that you are participating in this thread to support my position.

On your last question.....yes...but not to the extent that I have studied Christianity.
  2. naved

naved New Member

25 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I totally agree with it. You saying I don't is akin to me saying you don't believe in Jesus but are toting the company line so to speak. It would be extremely presumptious of me to do that.

As I have pointed out before, my interest in this debate is not to weigh the pros and cons of a religious belief, but to understand why devout followers (and I include all religion in this) follow and believe as they do; to understand the mind-set so to speak. Afterall, you take religion out of it, and most reasonable people would require a much higher degree of proof before believing in something.

I think that most people when they get to the point in life where they have a spiritual vacuum in life tend to turn to the "popular" beliefs of the culture that surrounds them. Afterall, an Indian will most likely turn to Hinduism and a middle-easterner to Islam, as an example.
  3. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,293 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    Of course, that has to be your take to support your cause, or else a big key to your arguement falls apart. And i also have been through the born again experience....and i decided after a time that there were problems with this whole system of belief. But how in the world could you claim you are saved, but BP never was, and the same would go for me.....and i can tell you right now that i am not going back into "the fold".

I could just as easily say, when you learn a little more you will change your mind about "born again" and what it really means.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,289 Messages
    4,608 Likes Received
    WOW...this thread got huge.

If someone wants please start another one so this one can be closed and we can start fresh.

=+=Closed=+=