There is QB controversy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by bodi, Aug 12, 2017 at 11:13 PM.

1. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

8,255 Messages
    7,387 Likes Received
    If he keeps playing as well as he is now, the FO would be extremely foolish to relegate him to the PS. It's a tough proposition, no doubt. He is already looking like someone that other teams would snap up in a heartbeat if we were to put him there. I think they'd better find a way to put him on the active 53 if he keeps it up. I'm pretty sure he'll see more action before all is said and done. The brass will probably want to see enough to convince them that he's pretty much the real deal beyond a reasonable doubt. It's a good problem to have, though!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 3:07 AM
    Cowboysfan917 and Deep_Freeze like this.
  2. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

11,539 Messages
    3,502 Likes Received
    If you mean Luke McNown then I agree. Not only did I want him cut in the 4th, was shocked that Rush did not replace his ace at end of game with chance to still win.

Fontaine and Bullflop like this.
  3. AmericanCowboy

AmericanCowboy Well-Known Member

1,032 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    If Garrett and company try to get cute and put him on the ps I wouldn't be shocked.

Jason has no idea what he is doing so I actually expect them to try and do this.

BAT, links18 and Cowboysfan917 like this.
  4. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

8,024 Messages
    4,363 Likes Received
    I hope we don't make the same mistake we made in 2007. We cut Matt Moore, who played well in preseason, hoping to get him into the PS. We lost him to the Panthers instead. We cut him and kept Brad "noodle arm" Johnson.

JG loves vet "noodle arm" QBs as his backups. Probably because he was one.

BAT, stasheroo, links18 and 4 others like this.
  5. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

2,624 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Just think back about three years to bad QB memories for the cowboys, I would of taken Kellen Moore in some of those games.

6. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

11,115 Messages
    4,099 Likes Received
    I'd like to see Cooper Rush get some work in the first quarter next week after Dak makes his debut to see how he fares against better competition but I just don't know if Dallas would want an untested rookie as their backup option going into the season as much as I want Kellen Moore replaced as the backup....I just don't see Dallas Carrying three quarterbacks this year on the 53

7. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

9,439 Messages
    7,644 Likes Received
    Not like Moore has all this NFL regular season game experience himself. Played in a total of 3 games, with a completion % of 58.7.

dogunwo likes this.
  8. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

696 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    I thought Moore looked absolutely HORRENDOUS.

LocimusPrime and Fla Cowpoke like this.
  9. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member

1,833 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    Maybe CBS will take him for a year like they did for Romo! ;)

10. JerryJonesMustGo

JerryJonesMustGo Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    1,044 Likes Received
    Guys, Cooper Rush's arm is better but not that much better than Moores. Check out the film.

T-RO likes this.
  11. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

3,831 Messages
    2,919 Likes Received
    Something was said last year

12. noshame

noshame I'm not dead yet...... Zone Supporter

5,470 Messages
    2,720 Likes Received
    Let's not be disparaging pop guns

dogunwo, Roadtrip635 and Doomsay like this.
  13. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

9,439 Messages
    7,644 Likes Received
    Not just arm. It's Rush's poise. Moore takes forever to read the defense before he throws it. That is the main problem I have with him.

reddyuta likes this.
  14. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,793 Messages
    1,189 Likes Received
    I know he's your guy, but you can't see the difference? How about when he climbed the ladder near the goal line and barely got the ball 15 yards down the field? Even if he can make the proper reads, he can't make all the throws.

15. zekecowboy

zekecowboy Active Member

262 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Lets let Cooper Rush play with the second team and find out. Moore does not have a strong enough arm.

16. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

2,012 Messages
    1,663 Likes Received
    I like Rush, but I'm betting he goes PS and Moore gets the roster spot.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  17. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

7,165 Messages
    7,159 Likes Received
    Rush looked promising both weeks, but I'd be interested in seeing him make throws outside the numbers. Not sure that he has the arm for it. We already know that Moore can't make those throws.

18. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

9,732 Messages
    4,717 Likes Received
    As if that Red Devil is going to make the right decision:angry:

19. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

13,077 Messages
    14,709 Likes Received
    Hahahaha.

20. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

6,039 Messages
    2,240 Likes Received
    I wouldn't even care if the statistics were in Moore's favor, the eye-test tells you that the guy just doesn't have an NFL arm. We had to kneel at the end of the first half because Garrett knew he wouldn't even get the ball to the 20 yard line.

Now, I know that the Moore supporters (assuming there are any) would probably say that arm strength isn't everything, and they'd be absolutely right, but the guy isn't accurate either.