1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

There's a reason 23 teams passed on Dez

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RickMoranis, Oct 2, 2012.

1. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    and we saw it last night. The guy is uncoachable and people who say brains don't matter when you are that talented are simply off base. Dez and Romo are NEVER on the same page and that pick 6 was 100% on Dez.
  2. davey999

davey999 Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    But weren't people around here saying he was better than Roddy White last week?
  3. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,439 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    But he had 100+ yards last night....

;)
  4. Blitz88

Blitz88 Member

56 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I used to have so much hope for Dez... I was so excited when we drafted him, and when he returned that punt for a touchdown in the second game of his rookie year... But he's just so inconsistent, and now he's dropping passes that are right in the bread basket. I really hope he can turn it around, but I just don't know if he'll ever be that unstoppable talent many of us thought he would be.
  5. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yes and I laughed at them. If I could find that thread I would show you how low I really am on Dez and have been since day 1. You can't fix stupid...sad really.
  6. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Another wasted draft pick
  7. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it's better for the team if he's just not on the field anymore. He hasn't earned the privilege to be our #2. He consistently runs awful routes, drops passes, gives up on plays, disappears from games, gets in trobule off the field, etc. He has not put together a string of good games since he's been here.
  8. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,697 Messages
    1,162 Likes Received
    wow, just wow....not like we weren't going to see a Dez hate thread....there were many other things that went wrong last night. Even Jerry rice had drops..
  9. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    No really ... Romo looked right at him .. yelled his name and pointed at the defense. And dez is so stupid he didnt realize romo was telling him there was a blitz coming and he needed to adjust his route. It was that obvious to romo and me and everyone watching on tv .. and dez didnt get it. He is too stupid to play football. Your offseason workout and talent cant excuse your play on the field ..
  10. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

739 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    Are you not the person who said that the only thing you ever criticize Dez for is his inability to get separation?? He got open consistently last night.. He had a couple drops that I can't figure out but I think he had a decent game.. Don't forget Romo overthrew him on a play that would have almost certainly been a touchdown if thrown correctly.
  11. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    did you know that the Cowboys have the lowest Draft Pick retention over the last 10 years of any team in the league? we keep players at a 53% rate...that's absolutely unacceptable and pathetic. Some teams were as high as 88%. lol Jerruh
  12. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,439 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    They gambled on Dez. They thought he could be a Randy Moss talent and Jerry wasn't willing to pass on someone like that -- he certainly felt the bite of passing on Randy Moss in 1998.

It hasn't come to pass. Not sure why the lightbulb hasn't come on for Dez.

If he was just a 70 catch / 1000 yard / 10 TD guy I think it wouldn't be the end of the world.... but all the mistakes, dropped passes, blown routes, and off-the-field issues just can't justify that kind of so-so performance.

He has 12 games to turn it around. If he can't, I see them moving him in the offseason.
  13. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    it's not about just the drops. Dez was the reason for that pick-6. He dropped a sure TD pass. he dropped 3 other balls that were right in his hands. Please don't compare Jerry Rice to Dez...Every receiver drops balls and anyone who supports Dez at this point is an apologist who hasn't been paying attention
  14. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    And I'm sure there is a thread for each of those things. This one happens to be about Dez, who is a big problem.
  15. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,787 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    That would have been a pick if Dez had run the right route too there was a CB sitting on it on the inside and a LB breaking on it before Romo even threw the pass. While Dez did mess up that pick is still 100% on Romo
  16. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

739 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    The offense as a whole needs to get it together.. The fact that Dez is the goat after every game is beginning to be tiresome even though it is to be expected.

That was his 31st game in the NFL. He will get it together.. Similar to Witten I am not worried about his hands.. I was encouraged by the fact that he was able to win on his routes almost every play last night.. Sadly the drops nullify that.

Regardless of your opinion on last night, the pick 6, why 23 other teams passed on him, how stupid he is, or like many of you, have some personal agenda against him and only post about him when something bad happens.. At the end of the day he is a part of the team and an important part of the team.
  17. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,746 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    It's really frustrating with Dez.

Just last week I was saying that he has never had a dominant performance. Last night could've been that performance. He was open all night. But he just can't put it all together.

And that's why he doesn't have dominant performances, and possibly never will.

He literally looks like a rookie out there.
  18. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,166 Messages
    1,138 Likes Received
    You have to have a brain to be coached.
  19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,933 Messages
    1,315 Likes Received
    23 teams passed on him because he didn't play as a senior. His coachability and actions as a teammate weren't the reason he slipped.

Realistically, he's still only 23, will be 24 in a month or so, which is an age A LOT of rookies enter the league. He still has maturity issues, no doubt about it, but it's not as if he's in his 5th year and is turning 27.

I might be in the minority, but I think his drops, and even some of the mental mistakes, are a side effect of him trying too hard to make big plays. Through 2 years, he hardly had any drops at all...it's kinda the same thing as Witten. Dez' confidence might be a bit rattled right now, but to give up on him is a MAJOR mistake. Eventually, the light will go on for this kid, and he's going to be a stud.
  20. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,842 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    Hmmmm....and thirty teams passed on Tom Brady six times....so what does that mean?
    Tony Romo was passed seven times by all thirty.