1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

There's a reason 23 teams passed on Dez

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RickMoranis, Oct 2, 2012.

1. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,183 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    I said it in another thread, if Dallas didnt trade up and Baltimore drafted Dez after the NE pick, he'd be in a much better space. You know, an organization with a real pecking order and being around guys who are true leaders of men
  2. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    no, that pass would have landed in dez's hands because it was a comeback route which is 100% timing based. Dez faked like he was gonna turn around and instead did a double move and turned upfield while romo released the ball. Had dez been where he was supposed to be, he could have either caught the pass or knocked it down. There would have been a body between the ball and charles tillman.
  3. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was a poor thrown ball by Romo. Even if Dez ran the right route, that could of been easily picked off.

With that said. I'm one of Dez's biggest supporters. I still remain hopeful that he gets it. But last night was tough to swallow. He dropped too many passes, and made some mental errors. It was a bad game for him. But I still believe the team needs to keep him involved in the game..he's too good of a player to just give up on. So stop people, just stop with all the Dez hate. Sometimes you get what you wish for, and when Dez is gone you will see.

I would like for the coaching staff, the Wr coach to give Dez a little more attention and help him understand and grow as a player. I'm sure the playbook is hard to learn, but if we don't do a better job of teaching him, he will go elsewhere..And watch him get it with another team. yet another wasted talent in Dallas. Can't let this one get away.
  4. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received

Brains does matter and you certainly need guys capable of understanding their assignments. I disagree that the pick six was all his fault. I'll say it was 50/50. As I understand stand it, he had two options on the audible. Maybe he should have had just one considering where they where on the field. Secondly, the corner read Romo all the way, and that's on Romo.
  5. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

7,223 Messages
    210 Likes Received

I can compare who ever I want to each other...which I was not doing...
    I pay attention...you don't know me, so you can't claim that.
    Yes that pick 6 was Dez's fault...he had drops...he also made catches....Witten had drops until last night when he caught every thing thrown to him.
  6. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    It’s still early but i have been disappointed in Bryant. I had very high expectations for him this season. I really don’t like Garrett’s offense with so many option/hot routes. These wide receivers just never seem to be able to read the defense correctly. One mistake and it’s a pick 6. One of these days Romo will throw a jump ball for Bryant.
  7. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,341 Messages
    97 Likes Received

I think there are a lot of guys on this team in the same situation. Ware, Lee, Witten, Mo ... Carr actually signed up for this joke.
  8. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope you're right. I want Dez to succeed because his talent is undeniable but I think some players just lack the intelligence required to play in the NFL
  9. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,554 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    Just rewatch the game, the CB is sitting on that route before Romo even throws it Dez would not have been between him and the ball he would have been between Dez and the ball.
  10. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do you really need me to point out the difference? Think about what you're saying and if you want me to explain the difference I will
  11. vicjagger

vicjagger Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    But I thought this was all because Garrett was such a terrible coach.
  12. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,183 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    :lmao2: sad because that's what this team (organization) has proven to be. They just cant get right
  13. cowboys102030

cowboys102030 Member

285 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Dez belongs in Cleveland.
  14. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,014 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    He's a knucklehead, plain and simple. That's not a knock on him. That's just who he is. Probably deep down he's not a bad kid, (certainly no T.O.) but he's a knucklehead.

The world is filled with them and we just happen to have made one our number one draft pick. He won't ever change.
  15. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Look, this is the first time I have ever come out and really bashed Dez. Until last night, I was a huge Dez apologist and I realize that he wasn't the reason we lost, but he certainly didn't help us. I used to tell the Dez haters to shut up and have patience but everyone has a breaking point and last night showed me why every other team in the league took him off their draft board even though he was widely touted as the best receiver in that draft.
  16. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As much as I think Garrett is in over his head, this was not on him last night.
  17. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ( pause)..........." At best!!"

:)
  18. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,341 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    At least Cleveland has Trent Richardson ...
  19. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I understand his knock, and I know some teams might of passed on him for those reasons. But when you get a player like Dez you have to be prepared to develop him. So far, I don't see much from our side to help him. If he's not getting the playbook that's also on the coaches for not pushing him or helping him out. I don't buy the notion that he's just too stupid..Come on, he went to college, he made grades. He's not a dumb animal, he just needs the coaching staff to step up their game. Where was the Wr coach after the Int...Some coaching there would of been nice..instead Romo is the one Coaching.

I hate that about the team..Way too much pressure on Romo. And now he has to coach the players too.
  20. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,235 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I'm down on Dez, but I still think his skills will translate to a ton of productivity in the long run.

I think he needs to be benched for a game (I mean, don't even dress him). With the bye week coming, give Beasley, Harris and Holmes more reps during practice. The best thing that can happen to Dez is if these guys produce in his absence.

If Dez is a proud man (and I think he is), it will be up to him step it up. I hate resorting to this sort of tactic, but I don't think just telling him he needs to concentrate more will ever work with hm.