1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Things we missed on

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cielo07, Apr 29, 2012.

1. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Once we drafted Claiborne, the rest of us knew we were out of the cornerback business... as things stand now (for this season), the Boys have four nice corners in Carr, Claiborne, Jenkins and Scandrick... generally, when teams carry a 5th corner, it's a young, developmental type, and the Boys have a number of candidates for that job-- besides the players returning, the Mario Butlers and CJ Wilsons, you have Isaac Madison from Arkansas, Lionel Smith from Texas A&M and Troy Woolfolk from Michigan (though I have heard rumblings that he may be tried at free safety)...

I just don't see the pressing need to add Boykin, not with all the other issues the Cowboys have...
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    You don't draft for need if you want to be a successful team.. you take the BPA. Adding a guy who can actually man the slot position for us and play it well would have been more than good value in the 4th round, not to mention he has explosive ability in the return game. I just think its a huge miss that we will come to regret when we see him play very well for our most hated rival.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,493 Messages
    9,646 Likes Received
    Bravo?

So Michael Irvin was an ***?
  4. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,200 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Maybe it skould read things you wanted.
  5. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,200 Messages
    12 Likes Received

I don't know if Michael had off field problems in Miami. Of course back then it was easier to hide that kind of stuff.

But from a right kind of guy perspective, he was a hard worker, a leader and loved to play football. So yes he would be drafted if he played now.
  6. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,342 Messages
    211 Likes Received
  7. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,812 Messages
    700 Likes Received
    Two undrafted FAs I think we missed out on are:

AL WR Maze and Pitt LB Brandon Lindsey