1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Think Wade has some inside info on Texans wanting Peterson from Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 26, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I just thought about something, rumors are that texans are wanting von miller or peterson. As you know our scouting staff makes up the war room board before end of december. Wade was there when scouts were talking about peterson during season and hearing jerry jones talk peterson and miller, even probably the year before.

Think wade has some say so in the texans draft plans, knowing how the cowboys scouts talked about peterson and miller etc...? And how high that the cowboys were willing to trade up to get peterson? And thats why texans are trying to trade up as high as the cardinals to get in front of us to take peterson. If so, should we give up more than texans to get peterson?
  2. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,660 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    hmmm I don't think so truthfully. I don't think there going to trade up either. They would have to give up more than likely there first and second round pick. I think pp is the cleanest in this draft but not worth a second and first.
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    me neither, some sports writer was saying for texans to move up 2nd etc from 11th, they would have to give up their 1st, 2nd and a top defensive linemen on their roster, to rich for me:starspin

im just thinking though that wade knows how high jerry jones is willing to give up to get peterson or miller and telling the texans coaches and scouts that, and how much the cowboys have praised and want peterson
  4. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.....that's JUST too much for Peterson. I don't totally buy that he's the next Polamalu or Ed Reed.....no sure thing there. We should stay at 9 and try to trade down and if we can't....Smith, Watt, Jordan are good choices